Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top opinion

Old 05-31-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top opinion

I'd like to get opinions about leaving the soft top completely down for weeks at a time. Since the JK is garaged at night, I can leave the top completey down for as long as the weather cooperates. The windows are in a Clover Patch roll.

What are thoughts about leaving the top down like this and the windows rolled for a week or more at a time? Is it damaging at all? Will it cause creases or wrinkles, or wear?

I've had the windows rolled for the past week, and I did notice them kinda wavy when I put them back in earlier tonight (that rear zipper sure is a PIA). I'll see what they look like tomorrow.

Thoughts / Experiences?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jets -

Had the top down and windows rolled in the Clover Patch setup for 2 weeks, until tonights T storms. Put the top up at 6:50 and held off on the windows until it actually started to pour at 7:45. No problems except I forgot the rear bar at home so there was a bit of a gap.

You'll get the wavy look on the rear, but once you ride in the sun with the windows open, it all smooths out. That rear zipper is a bear though!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=RepressedSince15;98944]Jets -

Put the top up at 6:50 and held off on the windows until it actually started to pour at 7:45.

Coincidentally, we were both putting up the tops at the same time....
Old 05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've left it down for a couple of weeks and didn't have any issues. For more than that, I guess ya might as well just remove it.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thought about removing it but it's one thing for me to get soaked by a pop up T storm, quite another for HER to get soaked! I suggested a bikini as a solution and she told me that she wasn't riding around in her thong at 38...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Funny Repressed..

- Has anyone noticed that the third brake light kinda gets in the way when lowering or raising the top, or am I just doing it wrong?

- Does a loaded clover patch roll fit under the rear seats on an Unlimited? That would be nice.

- When the soft top is taken off the vehicle, it still is stored all folded anyway, right?

- Storing hardtop: lots of moving blankets...but whats better rightside up or upside down?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
- Has anyone noticed that the third brake light kinda gets in the way when lowering or raising the top, or am I just doing it wrong?
Open the tailgate. But yes, it does get in the way.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Open the tailgate. But yes, it does get in the way.
Hmmmm YES I AM a DUMBASS......
(guess I am used to my old CJ)

Thanks....
Old 06-01-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Nope still having trouble doing that....:toung:
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grant211
not to hijack the thread, but since there was a question about folding the soft top back....

For the life of me, folding it correctly is a PIA. Anybody figured out the trick to fold it correctly and easily?
Check out this link from this site. Excellent write ups and far better than anything I have seen:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...cle-operation/

Quick Reply: Soft top opinion