Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sold my JK

Old 06-17-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sold my JK

@!%& I sold it a few months ago for an F150. the truck is loaded but for me its just not a jeep. Anyhow now im back in the buyers market for a jeep but i am thinking of possible holdoing off until the new wrangler comes out. what do you all think.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be 17 or 18 till the new one comes out that's a long time to be without a Jeep and an even longer time to drive a Ford wouldn't expect it to last that long anyway
Seriously though the resale values of the jk are fantastic so you don't stand to lose much if you buy another jk then trade or sell when the new one comes out if you like it
Old 06-17-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sold my '08 JK today. Sad to see her go, but excited to start the next project. Luckily my wife wants a new 4 door JK, so I'm taking on her '13 Rubicon as my new project.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're proably stuck with the truck. Run the numbers to see what you could realistically get out of it. If you're prepared to absorb that loss, then get rid of it and buy another Jeep.

I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about the 2017+ new generation Wrangler JL. I'll be driving my JK until the JL is a proven vehicle (i.e. for the next 3-4 years). You really want to wait that long?
Old 07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

2014 Rubicon I waited a week or so and then I found this, I did have to shell out a bit of coin for it but I was happy to do so!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2616722777.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	618651
Old 07-20-2015, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

With as much hit as you are likely to take on getting rid of what I assume was a new truck....you might be able to keep the truck and buy an older jeep for best of both worlds when you need them....and be about even. lol. sorry. I bought a barnd new 2006 f150 and have had very little issues, which is why it is still sitting in my driveway even though I now have a 15 4dr rubicon, truck will always haul better and tow better, but a jeep is a jeep...and we all know all the great things with that.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been there, sold that... and bought it back. It was an 89 YJ and I was the owner twice. Now I've learned that there always needs to be a Jeep in the driveway. Got an 08 in 08 and paid it off. That let me get a Tahoe for my hauler (family and floatie toys).
Old 07-22-2015, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default In short I took about a 1K hit on the truck.

Originally Posted by TJinaJKU
With as much hit as you are likely to take on getting rid of what I assume was a new truck....you might be able to keep the truck and buy an older jeep for best of both worlds when you need them....and be about even. lol. sorry. I bought a barnd new 2006 f150 and have had very little issues, which is why it is still sitting in my driveway even though I now have a 15 4dr rubicon, truck will always haul better and tow better, but a jeep is a jeep...and we all know all the great things with that.
I never buy new unless its something I have confidence in, Got a killer deal on the truck so it ended up being sold for a little less that what I bought it for. Lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Sold my JK