Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some Educated Guesses About 2013 Colors

Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some Educated Guesses About 2013 Colors

No solid information, just some educated guesses based on some statistics you can glean from Jeep's JK color choices to date and the rumor that 2013 will see a return to Earth tones.

You can see the statistics here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ough-the-Years

Based on everything we know, I'm guessing the 2013 color palette will look something like this:

Carry-over Colors:
Black
Flame Red
Bright White
Bright Silver
Black Forest Green
Dozer

NEW Colors:
Dune (dark tan) [rumored]
Molten Red (think dark lava red) [rumored]
TBD Blue (likely dark) [no blue available right now; dark blue would fit with an Earth tone palette]
Jeep Green [a WAG, but would fit with Earth tones and would be popular among Jeepers]

GONE:
Winter Chill [ordering already closed]
Gecko [possibly dropped mid-year]
Deep Cherry Red [replaced by Molten]
Crush [replaced by Dune]

Check back in June to see how accurate this is. I may be completely full of it, but this is the best I can put together based on some statistics, rumors, and filling in the blanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would love to see dune or jeep green but also hate to see them b/c i would want them
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

This is Dodge's "Deep Molten Red," which was rumored to be coming to the JK for 2012 as part of a Volcano Edition. It's getting rather late in the model year for that to happen now, so it's likely to happen in 2013. Shown below it is Jeep's current Deep Cherry Red. I suspect Molten, which has a lot more brown tones, will replace it.

Last edited by JK-Tex; 03-23-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dune sounds like one id like.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
This is Dodge's "Deep Molten Red," which was rumored to be coming to the JK for 2012 as part of a Volcano Edition. It's getting rather late in the model year for that to happen now, so it's likely to happen in 2013. Shown below it is Jeep's current Deep Cherry Red. I suspect Molten, which has a lot more brown tones, will replace it.
Yuck......
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Yuck......
I dunno, Deep Molten Red with black wheels would look pretty, uh, hot. I guess we'll see when (if) the Volcano Edition finally hits the streets.

FWIW, there's some indication that the Volcano already has its own order code (AA2) and will be available starting 5/1.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Dune sounds like it could be nice...

What month did the order system for the 2012's open up last year?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, Dune has received the most chatter around the Interwebs. Most people think it will be a darker version of Sahara Tan, which would be sweet.

Molten is also virtually confirmed due to the pending arrival of the Volcano Edition.

I think a blue is likely because Jeep doesn't currently offer one (weird, huh?). There's a very dark blue available on Ram Trucks called True Blue that would match the "very dark shades" trend of Black Forest Green and Volcano Red. Definitely a possibility.

Least likely is a new Green. Perhaps Jeep keeps Gecko and BFG in the line-up? I don't think so, though. I think Crush and Gecko are going to be 1-year colors like Charcoal Gray and Graystone were (and like Sahara Tan essentially was).

One color I hope we DON'T get is Tequila Sunrise, which also debuted on the Ram this year.

Last edited by JK-Tex; 03-23-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't a green called cactus supposed to be on the 2012's?
Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JMcD
Wasn't a green called cactus supposed to be on the 2012's?
Good memory. It was indeed rumored. Jeep has used a color called Cactus Green Pearl in the past. I think it's pretty meh. Rather have Jeep Green back.

Jeep Green, mmmm...

Quick Reply: Some Educated Guesses About 2013 Colors