Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Special place in hell for nutsert designer

Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special place in hell for nutsert designer

There's a very special place in hell for whoever designed nutserts.

It's like they are all in a giant contest to see who can spin the most. And when you squish them nice and tight so they don't spin, they deform so bad the thread is no longer centered. I hate them and wish they would die.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha you are funny! I have never dealt with nutserts before, so this is purely speculation, but i hear that the quality of the tool plays a big factor in their ease of installation. May be worth spending a lil money on a better tool?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Agree 100%
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by l00py1211
Haha you are funny! I have never dealt with nutserts before, so this is purely speculation, but i hear that the quality of the tool plays a big factor in their ease of installation. May be worth spending a lil money on a better tool?
That's a big yuppers! I blew $200 on a nutsert tool, and now I look for places to put them. It's very exciting
Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nwapache

That's a big yuppers! I blew $200 on a nutsert tool, and now I look for places to put them. It's very exciting
Which tool did you get? Looking for something now.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 25$ one off amazon and it works like a charm!! you just gotta figure out the right way to hold it and the amount of "draw" back on the tool to compress it... hang in there youll get it down.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

The biggest piece of junk tool is what came with the rock skins. That was a 2 cent bolt and big standoff with two washers. It works as well as you imagined.
The second worst technique is to simply use your teeth. That works slightly better than the bolt method.
The 3rd biggest piece of junk is the harbor freight tool. Slightly better than your teeth but not by much.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely refuse to use any product that requires a nutsert. I am sure I have missed out on some nice products because of my hatred towards them. You can spend x amount of dollars on whatever tool you want and be an expert with it but imo a nutsert is nothing but a turd. Actually a turd would probably work better in some applications..
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's all in the tool. A proper tool setup up correctly will set them all day long with zero defects. Without a good tool they are a nightmare. Pop brand makes some nice hand tools as well as air/hydraulic tools.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
It's all in the tool. A proper tool setup up correctly will set them all day long with zero defects.
Thats what she said...
Sorry, it had to be done

Quick Reply: Special place in hell for nutsert designer