Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

speedo

Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedo

Hi guys,
I don't know if this question apply only to canadian people, but Is there a difference in the speedometer between a manual tranny JK and an automatic one ? I have a 6 speed manual and my speedo stop at 180 km/h. I talked with 2 other guys with automatic transmission and their speedo stop at 200 km/h...I did'nt know it was different ?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cdnjeep
Hi guys,
I don't know if this question apply only to canadian people, but Is there a difference in the speedometer between a manual tranny JK and an automatic one ? I have a 6 speed manual and my speedo stop at 180 km/h. I talked with 2 other guys with automatic transmission and their speedo stop at 200 km/h...I did'nt know it was different ?
UMMM Jeeps wear Speedos????
I went out and looked at mine and it tops out at 160kph or 100mph. Mine is auto and here in the US. Makes you wonder.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine:

Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Interesting picture..Your speedometer looks different than mine. I can see in your signature that you have a Sahara. Is the speedometer comes different on a Sahara ?

Here is mine:

Old 06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Interesting picture..Your speedometer looks different than mine. I can see in your signature that you have a Sahara. Is the speedometer comes different on a Sahara ?
Mine looks like Happy's and I know that the big diference is metric spedometer versus non-metric. Happy and I live in the USA although Happy is almost out of it. You have a more "northern" speedometer. I would be willing to guess Canadian, European, and Australian models have the same one. Since to my knowledge all jeeps are built here and then certian things like spedometers and bumpers (Australian ones have a big nose) are added into the mix at a certian point most likely close to the finishing stages. If there is a diference between Spedometers within the Euro/Canada vehicles then it might be due to a change in that part that those of us in the USA would never see.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[snip]
Yes, the Sahara comes with the highend ultra fancy-schmancy 27cents worth of silver paint.
other than that, Only is correct, yours is Metric, Mines US. SAme thing, just the numbers reversed for viewing in the appropriate regions accepted standard.

Yes, i am almost out of it

Quick Reply: speedo