Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spiderweb shade

Old 09-15-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a JKU with freedom top. Can I leave it on and still put the hard panels back on?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Their website claims you can leave it on permanently once you install it, but I have no personal experience with the hard top.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mbpike
I have a JKU with freedom top. Can I leave it on and still put the hard panels back on?
Yes you can leave it on after the initial install. Find you a long twist tie or similar. This will become your main tool when you take ur tops off and on. Watch some videos on their web site and this will make sense to you. Anyhow luv my JKini shade. Really does cut down on sun exposure still having that top off feel. Great product!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mbpike
Yep, put it on once and forget about it. We put one on our JKU 3 days after we bought it and love it so far.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one for the TJ and got another for the JK. Also got their recent JKini model or whatever it was called. Much less flapping on the highway on the back and don't really need the extra shade as I don't have a rear bench in the Jeep.

It works with all the soft tops I've had and works with the hard top as well.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

This should give you an idea of how much shade you get. You can see where the sun comes in on the side and the rest is shaded. IMHO, this is a must have item. Definitely a must have in the FL sun.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FreedomJeep13
Yes you can leave it on after the initial install. Find you a long twist tie or similar. This will become your main tool when you take ur tops off and on. Watch some videos on their web site and this will make sense to you. Anyhow luv my JKini shade. Really does cut down on sun exposure still having that top off feel. Great product!!!
Love my shade! But i just out my hard top back on for the winter....what's this about twist ties? I left it on and its all latched down, but is there a trick? If so please share.....
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

This pretty much settles it for me. I've kinda been on the fence about buying one. I'll have to make a trip to the local off road shop and pick one up. I think they are $59 or something of that nature. Thanks for the input on this even though it was not my thread guys
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love mine!!

Crappy cell phone pic:

Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a JKini and I really like it. Great for the FL sun.

Quick Reply: Spiderweb shade