Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spiderwebshade

Old 08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meauxpar
Yeah I am also curious of this. If I don't have to take it off I will get some.
But I don't see how you install the freedom panels with that in the way.
Any of you hardtop guys know the solution?
I have the spiderwebshade and hardtop. I only unstrap the two short straps at the sun visors and leave the center one installed. This keeps the shade in place but allows the latches on the freedom panels to latch like they are supposed to. The only difficult part is turning the other latches on the panels themselves. The ones on the side can be reached through the gaps in the side, but the one in the middle just has to be swiveled into place "through" the spiderwebshade. It works though. I just strap the two loose straps back onto themselves, but you could put them in the glove-box or something. They don't hurt anything up there and the sun visors keep them from rattling.

Oh, and ensure the eyes are lined up with the holes for the hand-bolts in the sound bar. There's not much adjustment that can be done once it's all on.

Love the spiderwebshade!

Use "JKU" at the checkout and they give 10% off your order (or at least they were).
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dshailey

I have the spiderwebshade and hardtop. I only unstrap the two short straps at the sun visors and leave the center one installed. This keeps the shade in place but allows the latches on the freedom panels to latch like they are supposed to. The only difficult part is turning the other latches on the panels themselves. The ones on the side can be reached through the gaps in the side, but the one in the middle just has to be swiveled into place "through" the spiderwebshade. It works though. I just strap the two loose straps back onto themselves, but you could put them in the glove-box or something. They don't hurt anything up there and the sun visors keep them from rattling.

Oh, and ensure the eyes are lined up with the holes for the hand-bolts in the sound bar. There's not much adjustment that can be done once it's all on.

Love the spiderwebshade!

Use "JKU" at the checkout and they give 10% off your order (or at least they were).
The screws in the sound bar were the only thing confusing me.
That doesn't seem like too much trouble though.

Thanks for the input im gonna add that to my list!

Quick Reply: Spiderwebshade