Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spotted JK8 & MW3... Pics here!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I hear ya... But I agree power breaking doesn't count. Just messin' with ya (sort of).

I'll post some pics tomorrow of my Cherokee Chief, if it weren't partly parted out I'd offer it to you for a good deal. Been slowly parting it out as I have plans for the d44 axles and AMC 360 in it (it's a donor for my CJ7). I have had many people tell me I should keep it, build it, and wheel it but I can barely handle my two projects; three would be overkill.

Originally Posted by pwain

It's a kit made by Mopar and installed locally. A dealer near me has had one on the lot for months and wants a small fortune. Too bad the install doesn't look as good as the one the OP posted.

What wheels are on that JK8? I can't decide if I hate them or just greatly dislike them.
Yeah, they did a good job on this conversion, but wow that price tag is ridiculous. I'm not sure what wheels those are though sorry.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Great thread. It looks like the dealer was in OK. They had a nice selection of rigs!

Oh, I added heated seats to my 08 JKU for $120 and two hours of installation time.

You can get the factory heated seats for your JK for about $350 + install time. I went generic because I'd had the same brand before in my Tundra.
Never really thought about after market and although I said they would be nice for wheelin in cold weather, I really don't think I would want them; not a huge fan of swamp ass myself... Haha.

Thanks again for everyone's input, glad ya'll enjoyed the pics, I know I enjoyed geeking out at the Jeep stealership for a few hours!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Uh...for $20K why not just buy a used truck with, like, real truck capability? 10k for an older truck, the rest to all the mods that dealership is attempting to rape somebody for.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

for $58k I could've bought my '11 JKUR and thrown RJ60's underneath, hemi swapped and be riding on 40's plus more. Oh and that JK8 is fugly as hell IMO!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hagausaf
for $58k I could've bought my '11 JKUR and thrown RJ60's underneath, hemi swapped and be riding on 40's plus more.
Agree, for $58k I could have $34k for mods on my JK... Wouldn't that be fun!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wads13

Haha, I hear ya... But I agree power breaking doesn't count. Just messin' with ya (sort of).

I'll post some pics tomorrow of my Cherokee Chief, if it weren't partly parted out I'd offer it to you for a good deal. Been slowly parting it out as I have plans for the d44 axles and AMC 360 in it (it's a donor for my CJ7). I have had many people tell me I should keep it, build it, and wheel it but I can barely handle my two projects; three would be overkill.

Yeah, they did a good job on this conversion, but wow that price tag is ridiculous. I'm not sure what wheels those are though sorry.
Definitely like to see it! Hows the old gals body and frame?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great write up! I Always wanted to see a jeep pickup but needs to be more beefier then a wrangler front end.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
Maybe "roasting like bicycle tires" was taking it too far but in all seriousness I can literally do what the guy is doing (power braking) in the video Raz65 posted with my 35's. :
This is the second post I have seen in as many days regarding the almighty 3.6. and it's hunger for rubber. The first was a guy that could "Do burnouts on the highway" <---- Not flaming here but where do I get these new 500 horse warp drives? Burnout references only show that it has enough to break traction. my '10 with my mods will shred my 35's but now that the average 35" tire being 400 beans now .... enough of that LOL.

Originally Posted by Wads13
Agree, for $58k I could have $34k for mods on my JK... Wouldn't that be fun!
Or 11,600 Feet of Subway sandwiches c'mon everybody five .... five dollar ...... fiftyeight grand gone wrooong

900 bucks for bedlining ....... Heyzues Christo my dually was 900 and I had my inside fenderwells, and wrapped the back end up under the bed as well ... by Rhinoliner taboot!

3500 for wheels??? 3049.90 will get you (5) ... heh heh Five..... Fiv ... sorry (5) pintlers and (5) 35" KM2's

Wads thanks for the post. Not often ya find a dealer that is happy to let ya kick tires without intent to buy.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
Definitely like to see it! Hows the old gals body and frame?
Off topic and all but as requested here is a pic of the '77 Cherokee Chief (my '85 CJ7 in background):

Looks a bit different today as I have sold some parts off it, to date what is gone:
-Underdash A/C unit
-Rear windows and seals (one window due to vandals, seals sold)
-Razor grill
-Rear bumper
-Radio and dash bezel

Think that's everything. Gotta plug it: Everything is for sale off this beast minus the AMC 360 and the D44 axles (Could probably let it all go for the right price though, will entertain any and all SERIOUS offers), hit me up if interested. I can also provide more pics if requested.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
This is the second post I have seen in as many days regarding the almighty 3.6. and it's hunger for rubber. The first was a guy that could "Do burnouts on the highway" <---- Not flaming here but where do I get these new 500 horse warp drives? Burnout references only show that it has enough to break traction. my '10 with my mods will shred my 35's but now that the average 35" tire being 400 beans now .... enough of that LOL.

Or 11,600 Feet of Subway sandwiches c'mon everybody five .... five dollar ...... fiftyeight grand gone wrooong

900 bucks for bedlining ....... Heyzues Christo my dually was 900 and I had my inside fenderwells, and wrapped the back end up under the bed as well ... by Rhinoliner taboot!

3500 for wheels??? 3049.90 will get you (5) ... heh heh Five..... Fiv ... sorry (5) pintlers and (5) 35" KM2's

Wads thanks for the post. Not often ya find a dealer that is happy to let ya kick tires without intent to buy.
I'll be completely honest, this post CRACKED ME UP! Well played sir!

Quick Reply: Spotted JK8 & MW3... Pics here!