Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spray Paint

Old 01-24-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray Paint

Anyone know of a brand/color name of spray paint that matches the Red Rock pretty good? I got a utility trailer and think I want to paint the side panels to sort of match the JK...it doesn't need to be exact, just close...

Then maybe ill stencil on "JEEP" and slap some JK stickers on it
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

paintscratch dot com

-shaun h
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Paint code is either on the side of the door, or in the VIN number of your jeep...
Or go to your local paint supplyer and tell him the year, he will get ya det up..
Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Im looking for a quicker solution...and cheaper...

I was hoping rustoleum or duplicolor had something close...I guess maybe ill take the color sample from the JK brochure and try to match it up...

Does HD or lowes sell paint in a can that I can use?? That way they can just scan the color sample and mix me the right color....

Last edited by jmat1980; 01-24-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can get HD to colormatch into a rustoleum. Rustoleum does make a mixable non-spray paint that is good for metal. I would recommend the white sponge roller (looks like a hot dog) to apply. It leaves it much smoother than a brush and are inexpensive. The canned paint for the rustoleum will not be much more then the rattle can but you will also be very close to your Red Rock JK. Good luck and throw some pics up when your done.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
You can get HD to colormatch into a rustoleum. Rustoleum does make a mixable non-spray paint that is good for metal. I would recommend the white sponge roller (looks like a hot dog) to apply. It leaves it much smoother than a brush and are inexpensive. The canned paint for the rustoleum will not be much more then the rattle can but you will also be very close to your Red Rock JK. Good luck and throw some pics up when your done.
Cool thanx!!

Quick Reply: Spray Paint