Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spring Chrysler Jeep Dodge SUCKS!!! and here is why..

Old 11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is illegal and against the dealers contract with Chrysler to refuse warranty work on a vehicle, assuming that the vehicle is eligible for the warranty work (miles, modifications, etc.).

If your vehicle is eligible for the repairs and you were refused, it sounds like both of these are true, then you need to contact Chrysler and report it. They do not take it lightly and it will be adressed.

My brother in law has an 07 Dakota. He was driving it home from taking delivery and heard excessive road noise from the floorboards. After 7 trips to the dealer and leaving the car there for a total of five days, they indicated that they could not hear the noise and it was not present. He even went to the extreme of driving another Dakota with the service manager and the service manager indicated that due to it being mass produced, there was a margin of variance in the vehicles. He was not happy with this and took it to another dealership. In less than 20 seconds, the tech determined that there was a plug not inserted in the floorboard and fixed it.

My brother in law was pissed that he had been through all of this adn that the dealer would not take the time to figure out what was truly happening. He reported this to Chrysler and got a phone call from the regional service manager. Apparently, this was not the first case that this delaer had been reported on. This must have been the straw that broke the camels back because the dealership lost their five star rating due to this complaint. This is a major setback for the dealer.

Do not hesitate to take this to Chrysler. I would expect some action taken.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
It is illegal and against the dealers contract with Chrysler to refuse warranty work on a vehicle, assuming that the vehicle is eligible for the warranty work (miles, modifications, etc.).

If your vehicle is eligible for the repairs and you were refused, it sounds like both of these are true, then you need to contact Chrysler and report it. They do not take it lightly and it will be adressed.

My brother in law has an 07 Dakota. He was driving it home from taking delivery and heard excessive road noise from the floorboards. After 7 trips to the dealer and leaving the car there for a total of five days, they indicated that they could not hear the noise and it was not present. He even went to the extreme of driving another Dakota with the service manager and the service manager indicated that due to it being mass produced, there was a margin of variance in the vehicles. He was not happy with this and took it to another dealership. In less than 20 seconds, the tech determined that there was a plug not inserted in the floorboard and fixed it.

My brother in law was pissed that he had been through all of this adn that the dealer would not take the time to figure out what was truly happening. He reported this to Chrysler and got a phone call from the regional service manager. Apparently, this was not the first case that this delaer had been reported on. This must have been the straw that broke the camels back because the dealership lost their five star rating due to this complaint. This is a major setback for the dealer.

Do not hesitate to take this to Chrysler. I would expect some action taken.
I plan on taking care of it after I get it fixed at the other dealership. They called me today and gave me an update on the parts that were ordered. The clutch is still on back order but he hopes to have it in by the end of the week or early next week.

Quick Reply: Spring Chrysler Jeep Dodge SUCKS!!! and here is why..