Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stall Bug Reflash DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall Bug Reflash DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the JK into the stealership this morning bright and early. Time for the 3000 mile service and also a broken soft top strap and my rear window zipper came completely off track. Any on those items they told me they had to take pictures of the problems and send them to DC for authorization. What a load of crap. Anyway while I was there I asked them to do the reflash for the stall bug. I told them that I knew the recall was for JKs with production dates before 1-22 or what ever it was. I told them that guys were having problems with the stall and have later production dates. Any how, she told to the service manager and said they can't do it unless I was on the recall list which i am not. I asker if they would do it under warrnty and she asked him once again and same answer NO. SO I WAS DENIED. Now I am waiting to hear back from them on the other two issues. She told me they could fox the strap cause all it needed was a couple of rivots. I am leaving for the beach Friday and going to the firehouse today so I couldn't leave it. They are supposed to call and let me know what DC says but that it didn't look like a problem. Oh well. I haven't had a stall problem yet but I am around the mileage that everyone says they are having it happen so I figured i would ask. Thats my story. Good thing I am going on vacation to get away with the wife and kids and relax for a week. No worries. Thanks for yalls time for me to vent.
Andrew
Old 07-18-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your build date? If it doesn't need it...why should they do it? And where should the cut-off be if they do indeed do some of the later builds that are not on the recall list?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor

It's called customer service. If your customer comes to you and says others have had this problem and asks to get the flash you should just friggin do it. It's not costing you anything other than a little time and the customer leaves satisfied -- and probably remains a customer.

Andrew, I recommend you dump that dealer if possible and you should also call and talk to the service manager and tell them why you're dumping them.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

My build date is March 8. I know that it is alot later than what the recall says but other Jk owners have later build dates and are getting it done to be on the safe side I guess. That was why I asked about it.

As far as dumping my dealer service. I don't have that many opitions. Them or a Dodge dealership that just started selling Jeeps. As far as their friendlyness, its not bad. Like on my other two deals they totatlly explained everything. Like I said earlier Mine hasn't stalled yet (KNOCK ON WOOD) but it probably wouldn't hurt to get it done anyway. WOuld it?????

Last edited by SFD1248; 07-18-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

i dropped mine off for the torque converter fix and steering damping and what not...

they took it that day... and albeit its been two days... they said the are replacing the TC and the steering thing is fixed... no problem... no questions asked... no picture to DC

i would go to another dealership.... if you are worried about the stall and vehicle does not fit into the build time frame... you can always say it stalled and they will have to check to make sure.

Not the most ethical method... but the new JK has all new insides and is bound to have issues. Same goes with all first year production vehicles. They should expect to do more work on first year models.

TIP: Looking back... i should have let them do an oil change or something. Since mine is under warranty and i am paying absolutely nothing... i think it got dumped on the back burner
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the on-board computer doesn't record any evidence of the stall, just drive your jeep into a tree, say it stalled, then sue the guy for millions for refusing to do the work that would have prevented it. Isn't this how we do things in America these days?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Took the JK into the stealership this morning bright and early. Time for the 3000 mile service and also a broken soft top strap and my rear window zipper came completely off track. Any on those items they told me they had to take pictures of the problems and send them to DC for authorization. What a load of crap.
Sorry to disappoint you, but this is not a load of crap. I'm not taking up for your dealership, however, one of my straps has come off of the bow on my top and my Dealership had to take pics and submit them to Chrysler also.......and I work there. It's something Chrysler is doing (not the dealership) to curb warranty claims. Chrysler even sent my boss, the Parts and Service Director, the part number for the "fix".......which happened to be the wrong part number. DC is just screwing up and some Dealers take the blame for it, not that there aren't many that are to blame.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 07-18-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

If you were built that far after the fix you already have the fix. Having them hook it up and refix just leaves you open for something else to screw up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Sorry to disappoint you, but this is not a load of crap. I'm not taking up for your dealership, however, one of my straps has come off of the bow on my top and my Dealership had to take pics and submit them to Chrysler also.......and I work there. It's something Chrysler is doing (not the dealership) to curb warranty claims. Chrysler even sent my boss, the Parts and Service Director, the part number for the "fix".......which happened to be the wrong part number. DC is just screwing up and some Dealers take the blame for it, not that there aren't many that are to blame.
The reason I said it was crap was that I went by there last week to get the oil change. Just showed up. Went in and told them "hey I need an oil change and also I need some warranty work done" I told her what I said earlier abou the strap and stuff. She told me to make an appointment which I did for this morning. What made me mad (to clearify guys Im not all that pissed off just a little upset) was knowing that they were going to have to take pics why wouldn't they have done that last week so that when i went in this morning the parts and authorization would be there and ready to go. That is what I am trying to say.
Andrew

Ya about the stall bug I probably will just let that fight go. Like you said if ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
If you were built that far after the fix you already have the fix. Having them hook it up and refix just leaves you open for something else to screw up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
what about someone like me who has a build date of feb16, outside of the recall, yet experienced a stall? personally, i'm skeptical about this stall "fix" and am just waiting for reports of post-recall flash stalls to start showing up on the forums.

Quick Reply: Stall Bug Reflash DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!