Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Starwood Nomad Is the Jeep of Your Dreams

Old 04-17-2015, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig

Yeah, for all of what, 2 months?
It was meant as a joke lol
Old 04-17-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
It was meant as a joke lol
Okay, Just FYI

Joke =

No Joke =
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Okay, Just FYI

Joke =

No Joke =
I Lol'd
Old 04-17-2015, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505
I Lol'd
So...you didn't LOL?! Or did you?
Old 04-17-2015, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
So...you didn't LOL?! Or did you?
I'm glad somebody got it
Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

108k!! stock motor v6
Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

I frequent Dallas and decided to stop on at Starwood one day. The sales guy I spoke with, told me flat out I and guys like me are not their customers because we know too much. I guess the old phrase that "an educated consumer is the worst customer" holds true for them. I took close up pics of the fuel can mount. It can be done for very little cost. The most expensive piece? The rotopax set up. Aside from that, maybe $30 in parts.
They have some rigs there that are built to similar specs of my own and they were asking around $60k. I don't have $60k in mine. But' I will say, a loaded out Rubi, and what I have done is realistically in the low $50k pricing.

I do agree, they are way over priced. I did get a quote for their "exclusive Kevlar finishing". $5-6k, which I thought was a good price being you never have to wash, was, clean, etc. and compared to any other R&I paint job, $6k is pretty good. And when it's finished, there really aren't any flaws to have a body shop correct.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
You guys are looking at this wrong. These "professional" builders are showing us that the stock none gusseted/trussed/sleeved Rubicon axles can stand up to 41 inch swampers in "extreme" offroad conditions
I seem to recall this thing had the axles gussets. Then again, I looked at every vehicle there that day.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I frequent Dallas and decided to stop on at Starwood one day. The sales guy I spoke with, told me flat out I and guys like me are not their customers because we know too much. I guess the old phrase that "an educated consumer is the worst customer" holds true for them. I took close up pics of the fuel can mount. It can be done for very little cost. The most expensive piece? The rotopax set up. Aside from that, maybe $30 in parts. They have some rigs there that are built to similar specs of my own and they were asking around $60k. I don't have $60k in mine. But' I will say, a loaded out Rubi, and what I have done is realistically in the low $50k pricing. I do agree, they are way over priced. I did get a quote for their "exclusive Kevlar finishing". $5-6k, which I thought was a good price being you never have to wash, was, clean, etc. and compared to any other R&I paint job, $6k is pretty good. And when it's finished, there really aren't any flaws to have a body shop correct.
I forgot to mention. The sales guy and I were laughing at a customer trying to open a door that had a sign that read "please use other door", with an arrow on it. Even the sales guy told me "that's the guy who buys here".. LMAO!!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

So they openly admit they are ripping people off. Lol wow classic

Quick Reply: Starwood Nomad Is the Jeep of Your Dreams