Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock bumpers and High-Lift

Old 07-08-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock bumpers and High-Lift

Lately I have been seeing quite a few JK's with stock bumpers and side steps with 33 inch to 37 inch tires. Noticeably a a lot of them have a High-Lift jack mounted to them.

As I recall and all the previous post I read that there are no lifting points for this jack. Are they just lying to be cool or am I mistaken?
Old 07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I seriously think it's for looks bc when I had stock bumpers and side steps I could not useANY points to jack up the jeep. The only thing I can think of is if they used the lug straps things to used the hi lift lug strap accessory. My guess is that you are prob seeing this on a mall crawler.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 07-08-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
I seriously think it's for looks bc when I had stock bumpers and side steps I could not useANY points to jack up the jeep. The only thing I can think of is if they used the lug straps things to used the hi lift lug strap accessory. My guess is that you are prob seeing this on a mall crawler. Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
That's pretty much what I figured. It appears that you know the area so there is quite a few JK's running around these days. A lot of mall crawlers.

What bumpers and rails are you running with now?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stock bumper and a hi lift. The 3rd time I used it I dented the pinch seem (didn't have sliders at the time. I'm able to put a small piece of 2x4 between the slider and the jack. Works fine, for now.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

I have a jeep on a budget. My front bumper is a simple pavement ends with a skid row skid plate and winch. The rear is a smittybilt tube bumper. The rockers are also smittybilt . All have held up nice and all provide great points to use a tow strap. I've used my hi lift on the rockers when I was left with no choice and it held securely.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Stock bumpers and High-Lift