Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stock Tires

Old 04-06-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Tires

Hey guys, I was just curious if anyone knows if dealers will buy back the stock tires on your Jeep if you are planning to immidiately replace them. I am looking into getting a Sahara and want to put a little more aggressive tires on it and was going to see if the dealer would buy the stock tires back or if I would have to sell them elsewhere. I know this obviously depends on the dealer, but I was curious if anyone has done this. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I highly doubt it.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I've not heard of dealers buying them back, but I've heard of them ordering the ones you want and giving you a trade in on them, but that was only when the Jeep was still on the lot.
Probably a big PITA for you, but I just sold mine on craigslist. Worked out well, and I probably got more for them than the dealer would have given me.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, that's what I figured pretty much. Just wanted to see if anyone had done this. I'll probably list them on craigslist or something like that as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Stock Tires