Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stuck Jeep, Stolen Tires, and Recovery

Old 09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stuck Jeep, Stolen Tires, and Recovery

Alright everyone, heres the story of the sh$t i got myself into

So i was off roading with my buddy when i got stuck. My mudders dug into the loose dirt and i ended up sinking down onto the frame while trying to get it out. So we hooked up a tow strap to my buddys Jeep but because my Jeep was soo stuck his tires were just digging down into the ground and he couldnt get me out. We needed a winch.

So we left in his jeep cause we had no cell service to get my friend who has a winch on his land rover. We were gone for about 2 hours and when we got back my new, 1 week old, 33" mudders were gone

I had to go back home to get my stock tires, put them on, and then do the recovery.

Good news is i have my jeep back safe and theres no damage or anything missing other than the tires. Police report has been filed, and thankfully insurance is going to cover my tires.

And yes i know, this is worthless without pics as always. I will have pictures up tommorow morning.

Needles to say, a winch is next on my list, and locking lugs are going on when i get new tires on again soon. Im just glad i was able to get my Jeep out and insurance will cover tires

Notice to anyone who has aftermarket tires/wheels, if you dont already, get locking lug nuts, cause even if your stuck off road, some people out there will take them, much less in a parking lot, so get em!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. So they left your stuck jeep with no wheels and tires?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

How did they get them off that quick if they were sunk in the mud?

That sucks.....no pun intended
Old 09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seems to me like you should have been rolling with those guys in the first place... They would have plucked you right out!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

man what a jackass...what kind of a$$hole would do something like that? Hell, I would have at least tried myself to get it out or hung around to see if I could help.....that sucks bad, sorry bud.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, they just took the wheels and left it there stuck. Also it wasnt in mud, just loose dirt, so since my tires dug in so much the could take them ufortunatly. luckily it was also easy to get the stocks on so i didnt have to leave it there any longer
Old 09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Man that sucks! I would flip, and go driving around looking for my wheels on something else ! But I guess it could of been worse, they could of set the jeep on fire or something crazy like that Sorry to hear man...
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

What a drag...!!!

I hope you find the pricks...!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
man what a jackass...what kind of a$$hole would do something like that?
Someone from the Northeast. In the West someone would have seen that the abandoned Jeep was stuck and winched it out without any expectation of recompense.

And that's why I will never move to the Northeast.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

thats just WRONG...poeple like that need to be shot...

KSK

Quick Reply: Stuck Jeep, Stolen Tires, and Recovery