Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stupid Wreck!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Wreck!

Recently I was T-Boned on my way to work by a 4door Sedan. It hit me on the Driver side infront of my back wheel on my 09 Rubicon Unlimited Automatic Ok so i got the Jeep back from the body shop after the wreck for a "Test Drive" weekend. Everythign seems to be working well. He replaced most of the body panels on the driver side, the factory rocker guard, the axle shafts in the rear axle, and the sway bar, along with 2 of the wheels. Now we got the tires rotated and balanced but the vehicle still has a vibration strong enough to shake the mirrors when I put it into reverse. Even sitting still with my foot on the break in Reverse. Idk what could have caused that. The 4x4 Shop that I took it to after the body shoppe said it might be a damaged torgue converter idk. I'm lifted the Jeep with an AEV Premium 3.5" lift 5.13 gears and new drive shafts. currently running 35" tires if that helps nebody figure out what i might be? Thanks in advance if nebody can help with this major dilema.

F.Y.I The kids car got totalled in the accident do to the fact that I basically ramped him with my back tire.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

man that sucks. i was thinking torQue converter, then i was thinking you gat a weight knocked off the drive shaft, but you said you had your foot on the brake. so now i'm not sure. I wish you the best of luck finding the problem keep us informed
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, but what an opertunity to get a 6sp.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Its a transmission problem. So I'm going to have them take it to a Jeep dealer and they'll pry end up having to rip the whole damn thing apart.

Quick Reply: Stupid Wreck!