Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Suggestions

Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions

I am getting a 10 model JK in a few months. I do no do much offroading but, I do plan to lift it. If i do lift it how would 35's with a 3" lift respond with the stock engine? Any upgrades I should look into? I plan to use the JK as my daily driver.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKSoldier
I am getting a 10 model JK in a few months. I do no do much offroading but, I do plan to lift it. If i do lift it how would 35's with a 3" lift respond with the stock engine? Any upgrades I should look into? I plan to use the JK as my daily driver.
Welcome to the forum!

You should consider gears and a Flashpaq programmer, particularly if you are buying an auto.

Check out the FAQ in the Modified Sub Forum. There is a lot of information there including some gear charts. You want to cruise at or above 2300 RPM.

One of the main reasons for doing this is highway driving otherwise you have problems sustaining 65MPH+ without constantly wandering in and out of OD.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting the Unlimited.

Quick Reply: Suggestions