Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

summer top question

Old 07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default summer top question

does the bestop summer top combo (bikini, windjammer ect.) work without the factory hardware?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
does the bestop summer top combo (bikini, windjammer ect.) work without the factory hardware?
For the bikini top, you need to buy the front windshield center channel.

If you want to keep out the elements, you need the rails from the soft top that go along the doors. If you don't have these, there are velcro straps to tie the top to the roll bars, but you will have a 1-2 inch gap around the roof - This is how I roll.

If you want the rear duster cover, you need the left & right tail mounts and the tailgate bar. When I bought it from Quadratec, there was a link telling me what I needed & to buy it. They were Mopar parts.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

If you are looking for a water resistant seal with doors (the windjammer is not watertight) you need the tailgate bar and the door surrounds. I you don't mind the 1 1/2" gap above the doors all you need is the tailgate bar to attach the deck cover.

BTW if some water is not a problem and doors are off the Safari works okay although I have had a little velcro problem recently.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

thanks i'm just looking for a cheap option for the summer w/o dicking around with the hard top
Old 07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
thanks i'm just looking for a cheap option for the summer w/o dicking around with the hard top
Me too. That said since I can't find one and have gotten used to running w/o doors it has become less of a priority. Only on days like today with sometimes heavy showers passing through am I wishing for something that is easy on and off so I can button it up and then unbutton it myself w/o help. As is the jeep is under the tarp and I go nowhere but then I work at home and school is out (so the kids don't need a ride) so my option is not for everyone.

Quick Reply: summer top question