Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Superchips Wishlist

Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Wishlist

Just curious as to what additional features people would like to see from their Flashpaqs. Also if there is some portion of the feature set that needs to be honed or improved.

Try to limit it to 5 items and rank them.

Here's mine (6 speed)

1. Full time idle adjustment (w/o being attached)

2. Disable ESP

3. Adjustable rev limiter

4. WOT Fuel settings (closed loop)

5. PCM reset (same as pulling fuse)

I'm sure there's more and especially for the auto transmission guys.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

to see it work with the 2010's
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
Just curious as to what additional features people would like to see from their Flashpaqs. Also if there is some portion of the feature set that needs to be honed or improved.

Here's mine (6 speed)

2. Disable ESP

Here's my list.

6. Transmission temp display

7. MPH display (more accurate than the spedo)

8. Engine load and more canbus stats.

9. TPMS troubleshooting (eg. why there's a fault - what sensor is low/missing).

10. Ability to view/modify TPMS sensor ID's (hate going to the dealer for this)
Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine (6 speed)

2. Disable ESP

1. How would you plan on adjusting the idle adjustment without it hooked up? Or do you mean change the idle rpm permanently, then remove the tuner?

3. Why?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Forgot to add mine,

11. 2wd locker use (with tuner hooked up is okay with me)

12. Fan adjust ability with a/c control? I'm not sure if that is offered yet, I know you can alter the temperature on which it is triggered. I've found the fan to come on and high temps/pressures at idle with the a/c on, i would prefer the fan to be on high speed around town with the a/c on. Really would help the a/c efficiency with the JK.

13. Some OBD II live data information would be nice.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
1. How would you plan on adjusting the idle adjustment without it hooked up? Or do you mean change the idle rpm permanently, then remove the tuner?

3. Why?
1. Yes a full time idle adjustment, so the rpms are bumped a bit. I've played around with it before and a 2-300 rpm boost means a lot less feathering of the clutch. It also opens the door to a 20% under-drive damper so it wouldn't discharge the battery at low rpms with the AC on and doesn't need to spin the accessories as hard at cruise speeds, eating power.

3. Tires unhooking in the snow or mud can cause a spike in your rpms in a hurry. Not really that big of a deal, but the rev limiter doesn't kick in until around 5800 rpm. That's a little tall for me and I'd rather be hitting the rev limit earlier. Some of course may want to go a different direction.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

1. Yes a full time idle adjustment, so the rpms are bumped a bit. I've played around with it before and a 2-300 rpm boost means a lot less feathering of the clutch. It also opens the door to a 20% under-drive damper so it wouldn't discharge the battery at low rpms with the AC on and doesn't need to spin the accessories as hard at cruise speeds, eating power.

3. Tires unhooking in the snow or mud can cause a spike in your rpms in a hurry. Not really that big of a deal, but the rev limiter doesn't kick in until around 5800 rpm. That's a little tall for me and I'd rather be hitting the rev limit earlier. Some of course may want to go a different direction.
Gotcha, on the rpm. 4:1 and first is pretty forgiving as far as clutching goes on mine.

On the rev limiter i thought you wanted to raise it
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda

12. Fan adjust ability with a/c control? I'm not sure if that is offered yet, I know you can alter the temperature on which it is triggered. I've found the fan to come on and high temps/pressures at idle with the a/c on, i would prefer the fan to be on high speed around town with the a/c on. Really would help the a/c efficiency with the JK.

13. Some OBD II live data information would be nice.
Yeah, a more robust set of features for fan control would be great.

Also, there is a fair amount of OBDII live data already. Not Aeroforce Interceptor depth, but a decent variety. It would also be nice if they had a windshield mount bracket and holder available. That would also suggest a right angle OBDII connector to keep the cord out of the way.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Also, there is a fair amount of OBDII live data already. Not Aeroforce Interceptor depth, but a decent variety. It would also be nice if they had a windshield mount bracket and holder available. That would also suggest a right angle OBDII connector to keep the cord out of the way.
Thanks I couldn't remember how much info was available. My tuner is en-route (finally!)
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I think it would be nice if I could tune more than one Jeep, especially if I own more than one. Maybe we could provide proof of ownership or something

Quick Reply: Superchips Wishlist