Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Syphon gas out of JK?

Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Syphon gas out of JK?

Anyone ever syphon gas out of their JK? A guy at the dealership was saying there are too many
twists and turns to get a garden hose down the neck. Just curious how hard it is to do.
I bought the the key lock locking gas cap but was debating on installing a fuel
door for better security. Any thoughts?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

There is a federal-mandated device in there to prevent siphoning. Gas thieves now drill a hole in tank to drain gas. Still, locking cap is good idea to prevent that guy at the rest stop from having his kid pour water into your tank, then he comes to your rescue (for a price).
Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There is a federal-mandated device in there to prevent siphoning. Gas thieves now drill a hole in tank to drain gas. Still, locking cap is good idea to prevent that guy at the rest stop from having his kid pour water into your tank, then he comes to your rescue (for a price).
Good to know, thanks
Old 12-10-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yup my dad told me if some bad happens in the world try to fill you tank if you can start drilling holes on gas tanks to get has out,

Jeepin on a budget!
Northridge4x4 Northridge4x4 Jeep Parts Online Store - Home
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can but I will takw for ever, use a small diameter hose (it has to pass a screen befor getting to the tank)

I had to drain a full tank for a friend, bad fuel pump and full tank of gas

Quick Reply: Syphon gas out of JK?