Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex 2.5" lift with adapters or shocks?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" lift with adapters or shocks?

Attachment 221189

Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post and am a first time Jeep owner. I've had my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S for about a month now and am planning on lifting with 33's and powder coating stock 17" rims. I wont be doing a ton of off-roading but will be pulling the bass boat and snowmobile trailer and it is my daily driver. As far as the lift goes, should i do the budget boost with or w/o shocks or spend the extra cash and do the lift kit with either the stock shock adapters or the kit with the Teraflex shocks? If not Teraflex, then what other lift kits would you reco?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your better off posting this in the stock thread for better info.. I ran a TF 2.5" BB with stock extensions for months and heavy wheeling with no issues.. If you've got the money, get the TF shocks. IMO, the TF shocks are the best bang for the buck out there...
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bad, welcome to the forum!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, thanks for your opinion and will repost in stock thread.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I paid extra for this 'Rubicon' package so I'm installing the TF bb w shock extensions tomorrow. Without the Rubicon package I would go ahead and upgrade or pick up someone elses Rubicon springs and shocks. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" lift with adapters or shocks?