Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex 3" with Sport arms, HD Overland springs and Falcon 2.1 shocks...reviews?

Old 10-15-2019, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 3" with Sport arms, HD Overland springs and Falcon 2.1 shocks...reviews?

I'm looking at putting a 3in TeraFlex lift in my Jeep to replace my rock krawler suspension. Curious what kind of experiences people have had with a Falcon 2.1 shocks. With the way the body is inverted and the shaft is at the top, I'm wondering if the body gets crushed when it takes hits from rocks, or if it tends to get hit. Would the Fox 2.0s be a better option? I've been recommended to get the Teraflex HD Overland springs. What do they ride like? Will my jeep ride like a tank without weight in it?
Old 10-15-2019, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

We have a '14 with the Sport arms and a '18 with the Alpine arms, both with the 3.3 shocks. The '14 is our crawler and they've taken every hit for 2+ years and still look good. They do make a skid if you're too worried.

I ran the FOX 2.0 before them, I like the Falcons better.

No experience with the overland coils.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have falcon 3.1 and lots of off-roading and no damage except to the decals. The bodies are tough. I also have the tf skids.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubichronic

I'm looking at putting a 3in TeraFlex lift in my Jeep to replace my rock krawler suspension. Curious what kind of experiences people have had with a Falcon 2.1 shocks. With the way the body is inverted and the shaft is at the top, I'm wondering if the body gets crushed when it takes hits from rocks, or if it tends to get hit. Would the Fox 2.0s be a better option? I've been recommended to get the Teraflex HD Overland springs. What do they ride like? Will my jeep ride like a tank without weight in it?
Whats going on with your RK kit?
Old 10-16-2019, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Whats going on with your RK kit?
To make a long story short, the weather and shit they put on the roads here didnt mix well the the heim joints, Krawler joints, or any of the adjustable pieces. All thats left is the springs and rear track bar mount. I don't have time to do the amount of Maintenance that would be required to continue running heim joints or krawler joints, plus I live in a strata complex that doesn't really permit mechanical work.
Don't get me wrong, I was happy with my RK stuff while it lasted, and if I lived in a different climate I would be all over putting it back in along with the upper four arms. I even tried to find some OEM Style joints that I could thread into my RK arms as I had them sandblasted and powder coated. Unfortunately I couldn't be sure and anything I found would actually fit, and I've decided to try something different.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
To make a long story short, the weather and shit they put on the roads here didnt mix well the the heim joints, Krawler joints, or any of the adjustable pieces. All thats left is the springs and rear track bar mount. I don't have time to do the amount of Maintenance that would be required to continue running heim joints or krawler joints, plus I live in a strata complex that doesn't really permit mechanical work.
Don't get me wrong, I was happy with my RK stuff while it lasted, and if I lived in a different climate I would be all over putting it back in along with the upper four arms. I even tried to find some OEM Style joints that I could thread into my RK arms as I had them sandblasted and powder coated. Unfortunately I couldn't be sure and anything I found would actually fit, and I've decided to try something different.
We are in the development of new joints that may be worth trying out that will retrofit into the existing arms that you have. The powdercoat processes in house have changed dramatically over the last year and 2 months, much stronger and better lasting now than they ever have before. I'll shoot you my email address and we can talk about getting you the next generation of joints as soon as they are available.
The following users liked this post:
Rubichronic (10-18-2019)

Quick Reply: Teraflex 3" with Sport arms, HD Overland springs and Falcon 2.1 shocks...reviews?