Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Teraflex lift and beach riding

Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Teraflex 2.5 in lift with bilstien shocks love the way it handles do notice a slight wonder on the road. Im looking to get the AEV geometry correction brackets that should help. I run 33's on it too. Took it to the beach this year did some 40MPH on the soft sand, really fun to drive. I have a buddy who did the Teraflex BB with shock extensions and Nitto 35's rides just like it did stock just a little higher. If you like the way it is now go with the BB and save money but if you dont like the way it rides and are looking for improvement the coils and shocks would be the way to go just my .02
Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDad09
Karls, I have been looking realllllly hard at that 2.5 Max Travel. It is pricier or sure, but from what I am reading, is just as quality of a lift and it is fully upgradeable, which I like a lot.

I know just about 0 about all this installing of stuff. My brother has a connection at Pungo Off Road, so I was leaning towards them. Any feedback on those guys?

I hear that the 2.5 max travel can actually net you 4 inches of lift if you are not equipped with aftermarket bumpers, etc…is this true? If so, will I have to mess with driveshafts and brake lines and all that business?
Sorry I've been a little out of the loop.

Anyways......stay the hell away from Pungo. They sucker guys all the time and I would really hate to see you go sown the same road. ETA isn't really any better.

The RK kits will come in a little tall on the front end but like any other lift they will settle down a little. Brakelines aren't really much of an issue with those kits, just do a quick drop in the back with hurricane ties ($0.58 at home depot). The front brakelines have more in them than you realize until you pull them out a little.

I see you also asked about installs......I've done many installs personally and they all go smooth. Like someone else said- it's just removing a part and putting a new one in.

On to the RK kits being "upgradeable", well......all kits are. Get longer coils and you've got a taller lift. Pair it with longer shocks and you're set. The advantage of something like that is when you get into control arms with extra adjustment built into them but you can find them anywhere. Another spot that makes it 'upgradeable' is the track bar mount. Some have various sets of holes to adjust it to your lift kit and center the axles left and right.

I don't have a "kit" on my jeep now since I sold it to a close friend but I've got plenty of experience in the field to help out. Also....I've done TJ lifts which are very similar (shocks, coils, track bars, sway bars) but they have a tendency of getting flighty with the shorter control arms. The JK has longer stock control arms to keep it streetable on mild lifts.

Driveshafts will really depend on you but with mostly beach riding, it *shouldn't* be an issue since we don't typically flex and axle and rub the boot on anything with just buzzing up and down the road.

PM or emails are welcome if you've got more questions.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quick Reply: Teraflex lift and beach riding