Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I confused? Is the $199 adjustable part not need if you use the stock tire carrier?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so when you go to site it says the adjustable piece is only needed to run larger than 35s.

Im on mobile. Good deal. Will be ordering!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow 700.00 just for a tire carrier?? No thanks will save up and get a bumper with my extra cash. To bad was looking forward to a budget friendly carrier. Will be unsubscribing to this thread..
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by optimuus Prime
Wow 700.00 just for a tire carrier?? No thanks will save up and get a bumper with my extra cash. To bad was looking forward to a budget friendly carrier. Will be unsubscribing to this thread..
I hear jc Whitney sells cheap affordable stuff too
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Is there a link to pre order the carrier? I only see links for 2 accessories above....maybe I am blind....
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269

I hear jc Whitney sells cheap affordable stuff too
Well I will be saving the extra 500.00 to get a rear bumper and tire carrier. Jc whitney carries junk as far as I'm concerned. You go buy it...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This carrier is pretty sweet looking but there's no way I would pay that price for it.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a solid product (No offense Teraflex, you guys make some good ish) but, you guys are out your damn mind for charging that much....the price point just isnt there for a lot of us...Jeepin is already an expensive habit, dont compound that by charging way too much for what is basically a large bracket.

I understand R&D and manufacturing is very costly but, just damn....

I do really like it though, just wish it were more reasonably priced...

Guess ill be going with the smittybily holder after all...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by optimuus Prime

Well I will be saving the extra 500.00 to get a rear bumper and tire carrier. Jc whitney carries junk as far as I'm concerned. You go buy it...
I've had the $1500 carriers before and been disappointed. I'll gladly throw $700 at a carrier and be happy
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RGJKU
Has any testing been done with the Rugged Ridge JK Aluminum wheels?
I have them with 33" Safari TSR's, and I don't know if its because the offset is so different than stock or just that the tire is so heavy. I am not even sure of the offset difference but off the top of my head it's several inches. But the offest on the wheels on the stock carrier makes it sit so far off the back tailgate it really shakes and bangs around. Extended tailgate bumps have done next to nothing. So I am looking into carrier options. I really like your guys setup because I don't really wanna do a competitors install that you have to cut a hole in the back and have a tedious install.

Looking to stay 33 or maybe go 35's tops for the future, and with a custom painted bumper I don't wanna lose, figured this would fit the bill.

Just wanting to know its stronger than the stock setup and to be honest I want something that wont make noise or shake around on every bump. Everyone says oh 33's are no prob, but mine are. I double checked the spot welds and they look fine.

I was thinking it was all one piece and wouldn't be looking at $700 plus for the carrier setup to take care of it.

Edit:: I think they are 4.5" backspace for the Rugged Ridge JK wheels
It will work with those wheels. It's quite a bit stronger when you combined all the pieces together vs. stock.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?