Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Funny, I don't remember calling you name. Regardless, in my opinion, multiple pages of people complaining about price adds nothing to the thread either and that is the point I was trying to make. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
It adds more to the thread than people complaining about people "whining and crying" about the price. No you did not specifically call me a name, but I mentioned price and you said you were tired of people whining about the price and in essence that is calling me a whiner. It's not whining, it's feedback!!!!

People just want to let Tereaflex know that the price seems high and they are disappointed.

Nuff said and I agree to disagree. Cheers!!

Gary

Wait, wait... I have something to add. I'm tired of people coming on here and whining and crying about people whing and crying about the price. If you don't like the whining and crying just buy the damn thing already and unsubscribe!!!!<----Just a little joke . I hope you can see the humor!!! I do!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I gotta say, I *do* think it's important Teraflex sees how many of us feel the pricing is a little much for what it *looks* like we're getting out of the deal. I don't think bitching and complaining about it is what everyone on here is attempting to do who posts those concerns... we're more so trying to say "doesn't look like we're getting our money's worth" - and that's and important statement to be made. If it's not immediately obvious that this is more than a hinge support for a whopping $500, it *is* hard to see the value for me and many others on this forum. Now, I do agree some people are being a little snide with their comments... and that really isn't very productive, but I do think it's a point that needs to be made.

I don't know, but if I was a sponsor I would love to get feedback like this so I could know why the product isn't selling as much as I had hoped. You get much more for your money when you go for a bumper/tire carrier combo - or at least it *appears* that way. Just my .02 (which is totally allowed on a public forum, correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MortuaR
I gotta say, I *do* think it's important Teraflex sees how many of us feel the pricing is a little much for what it *looks* like we're getting out of the deal. I don't think bitching and complaining about it is what everyone on here is attempting to do who posts those concerns... we're more so trying to say "doesn't look like we're getting our money's worth" - and that's and important statement to be made. If it's not immediately obvious that this is more than a hinge support for a whopping $500, it *is* hard to see the value for me and many others on this forum. Now, I do agree some people are being a little snide with their comments... and that really isn't very productive, but I do think it's a point that needs to be made.

I don't know, but if I was a sponsor I would love to get feedback like this so I could know why the product isn't selling as much as I had hoped. You get much more for your money when you go for a bumper/tire carrier combo - or at least it *appears* that way. Just my .02 (which is totally allowed on a public forum, correct me if I'm wrong)
^^^ Well Said...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmydarnell
I thought they said a couple pages back that we could do a 35 on just the $199 bracket? Could you confirm Teraflex?
Correct, the adj tire carrier bracket is $199. It also comes with the 3rd brakelight/licence plate holder.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Correct, the adj tire carrier bracket is $199. It also comes with the 3rd brakelight/licence plate holder.
Cool. Can you please post pics of just this bracket on a jk?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Bubbacon
Cool. Can you please post pics of just this bracket on a jk?

Pre-Order from your favorite TeraFlex dealer!

#4838100 JK HD Hinged Carrier $499.99
#4838130 JK HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit $199.99

#4904200 JK Slim Spare Tire Relocation Bracket Kit $61.99 - This will raise your wheel up 1.5" if needed

JK Spare Tire Relocation | TeraFlex Suspensions
#4904200 JK Stock Brake Light Extension Bracket Kit $15.99 - This can raise your 3rd brake light 2.5"-3.5"-4.5" if needed

JK Stock Brake Light Extension Bracket Kit - Wrangler JK 07+ | TeraFlex Suspensions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVB7NGY0PMc
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Any updates on when these are shipping?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE="TeraFlex"]

Can we have a list of dealers that are taking pre orders? I know some aren't doing this.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

[QUOTE=Hanzo;3003737]
Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Can we have a list of dealers that are taking pre orders? I know some aren't doing this.
Right now ORW and Northridge 4x4 have some on order.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

I ordered directly through teraflex does that mean it will take longer to get vs other retailers?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex tailgate tire carrier?