Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Theft Recovery" Jeep?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubicop
I've decided to move on. I need my rig to be a reliable daily driver as well as a weekend warrior, so the security in having a valid warranty and no previous issues is important to me.

I called Chrysler HO for info on the warranty, and they told me that as soon as there's a change to the title there is no longer a valid factory warranty.

I definitely appreciate the input from everyone. If it was going to be a dedicated trail rig toy, I'd take a closer look.
I'd question the whole change in owner no warranty thing. I bought my 07 Sahara in November. I'm the second owner. I took it in to the dealer down the street from me. They took all my info, registered me as the current owner and then informed me that I have factory power train warranty until this coming August (I was in checking on recalls). Shocked the hell out of me being an 07, but the in service date was August 2008. And that transferred to me.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

I'd pass, clearly the alarm on it sucks!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozmik

I'd question the whole change in owner no warranty thing. I bought my 07 Sahara in November. I'm the second owner. I took it in to the dealer down the street from me. They took all my info, registered me as the current owner and then informed me that I have factory power train warranty until this coming August (I was in checking on recalls). Shocked the hell out of me being an 07, but the in service date was August 2008. And that transferred to me.
Has nothing to do with change of owner, has to do with not having a clean title.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicop
Has nothing to do with change of owner, has to do with not having a clean title.
Gotcha. Then I'd walk away personally. Just my $0.02

Quick Reply: "Theft Recovery" Jeep?