Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thieves

Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another way to keep the shackels from getting stolen is drill and pin the threaded end.
May not keep them from being stolen but it would slow the thief down.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
That's blows.... I know how ya feel.... Last wed I started at a new job site (union construction) so I took the speed line train to philly. Came back after work, opened my tailgate and noticed my lug wrench on the floor and my entire HiLift recovery bag (will all sorts of extra stuff AND my winch controller) was missing! I looked up and saw my back window was unzipped! Luckily for me I made a police report and they found my stuff is not another lot. Musta been scumbag crackheads that realized they can't scrap nylon straps and dropped it in another lot.... With Boston bombing being two days prior, my abandoned bag in a public transit parking lot gathered attention. Bomb squad came and everything, even tho the officer I reported it to recognized it from my description, they couldn't take any chances... I was lucky they found it. Usually other jeepers aren't like that, but some are unfortunately. Another jkf member caught a white jeep on camera pull up and steal his tire cover.... It was a neighbor at that! It Sux being so vulnerable to break ins.......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
WOW,im sorry to hear about your jeep, I have a surveillance cam facing my rig at all times and my Mossberg 500 not too far from it
Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
That's blows.... I know how ya feel.... Last wed I started at a new job site (union construction) so I took the speed line train to philly. Came back after work, opened my tailgate and noticed my lug wrench on the floor and my entire HiLift recovery bag (will all sorts of extra stuff AND my winch controller) was missing! I looked up and saw my back window was unzipped! Luckily for me I made a police report and they found my stuff is not another lot. Musta been scumbag crackheads that realized they can't scrap nylon straps and dropped it in another lot.... With Boston bombing being two days prior, my abandoned bag in a public transit parking lot gathered attention. Bomb squad came and everything, even tho the officer I reported it to recognized it from my description, they couldn't take any chances... I was lucky they found it. Usually other jeepers aren't like that, but some are unfortunately. Another jkf member caught a white jeep on camera pull up and steal his tire cover.... It was a neighbor at that! It Sux being so vulnerable to break ins.......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
Time to get a Viper with the proximity sensors
Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
there is a damn good reason some countries still allow chopping off a thiefs hand . a very damn good reason .......
Cheers to that, people suck

Quick Reply: Thieves