Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Things other Jeepers say about your JK - the good and the bad!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By far mostly compliments from Jeepers of all vintages. The funny one though was when I was heading to some easy forest service roads last summer. Passed a group of TJs on the side of the road and someone yelled that I needed more mud on mine. This was 2 weeks after I had taken her over Hell's Revenge. I just chuckled and drove on.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Nothing but compliments and jealous looks

Besides it's my Jeep, I love it and I could give a flying flip what anyone else thinks.
Spot on!! I drive my Jeep for me. Not for what someone else thinks.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Saturday while off wheeling I kept getting annoyed with people telling me how crazy I was for wheeling a brand new jeep that's so pretty. I reply with "Its a Jeep that's kind of what it's made for". Or "I'm not gonna let her be a pavement princess her whole life".
Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I find TJ owners are the worse offenders (and I used to own a TJ). The guy this weekend that had mentioned the Hummer thing also was admiring my tires. He was surprised. Yes I can fit 33's stock without having to cut one thing off my Jeep.

I also got a comment that day consisting of "that's the coolest Jeep I've ever seen!" Now those are the kinds I like!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

The best thing I heard about my jeep was from a lady in Co and she was in her late 60. Telling me that us a real cool looking jeep

I have also had a lady come into a place I was eating and looked around and came to me and told me You have a bad ass looking jeep and after looking at everybody else in there she knew it belonged to me.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get called an A-hole alot when i park on curbs or on the grass/dirt when there are no parking spots. Haha. Thing i hate the most is when call me a spoiled rich kid. Just because im young and i have a jeep doesnt mean im rich and get things handed to me. I wish i did but i work for everything and make all payments along with mods myself and im proud to be doing it myself its always better to enjoy the things that you work hard to get in life
Old 08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've gotten

"That thing looks like it was built for the end of the world."

or similar a few times.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of old timers were off-loading their Willy's CJ2's off a trailer as I was leaving Red Lake trail. One of them waved me over so I stopped. "That thing is too quiet, I didnt even hear you coming down the trail". We talked about Jeeps for a while. I honestly havent heard anything negative about my Jeep from anybody. Seems like the guys stuck in YJ's and some TJ's never wave back but other than that everyone seems very cordial.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get alot of crap about my jeep. I think it's all jelousy I get the most crap from it being stock and people asking if my parents bought it just cuz I am young and have a brand new car better then everyone elses prices of crap they drive. And bought for $500 and it keeps breaking down on them. Then I brag about my 100000 mile warrenty.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The most I get is "Hey, can you give me a tug...?"

(An older picture, but you get the idea)

Quick Reply: Things other Jeepers say about your JK - the good and the bad!