Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

think about jk resell value.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think about jk resell value.

i don't really want to sell my jk, but what if when i sell my jk, do i have to reinstall all stock modifier?

i want to go rk 2.5 stok mod w/bilestein, aev wheel, nit to trail grappler 285/75/r17, dynomax rock crawler exhaust, aev rear bumper.

so do i have to keep all parts of stock jk? for better resell value? or aftermarket parts make the price going up as its value?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkkim
i don't really want to sell my jk, but what if when i sell my jk, do i have to reinstall all stock modifier?

i want to go rk 2.5 stok mod w/bilestein, aev wheel, nit to trail grappler 285/75/r17, dynomax rock crawler exhaust, aev rear bumper.

so do i have to keep all parts of stock jk? for better resell value? or aftermarket parts make the price going up as its value?
Only certain aftermarket items keep or come close to holding value. Good quality lift kits, axle upgrades, gears and such... Aesthetics like tires and wheels might not be what another person likes (I.e. your choices do nothing for me since I like American Racing and Toyo)... It's really all "luck of the draw"... Basically vehicles depreciate, as well as the things we do to them...
Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Depends what you do with it...if you trade it in they usually don't care about mods. Private party buyers will realize the value and will pay you more. Some items may be worth keeping if universal (like a winch) or smaller things like a RR Dash Organizer or hood/tail gate shocks.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Best bet is to sell it outright. Someone out there will be willing to pay extra for the mods you do. Do NOT trade it in
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

I have heard people say then when selling it it will increase value by about 50% of what you paid for the aftermarket peice.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

What ever you do dont trade it in!!

Quick Reply: think about jk resell value.