Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Think quick!!! What would you do???

Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B_Alvie
Slow down as much as possible. I got that. Try and avoid, got that. All that said and done...when someone is sliding under your vehicle and it is still moving do you continue to brake hard at the moment of impact or let off?
crazy enough, I watched an accident like this happen and the guy got up and walked away. He switched lanes at the last minute on I-264 in Norfolk. He cut right in front of an old lady driving a Toyota Camry. Dropped it, literally in front of her. I was going about 40 and in the next lane over, she slowed but rolled right over him. He rolled like a log under the car and popped out the back and sprang to his feet. Walked off to the side and sat down. He was scuffed up but nothing major. I pulled over to check him and wait for the paramedics. He was fine actually. The old lady thought she killed him. But, watching this happen, I think the fact that he was rolled over as opposed to being pinned under the car is exactly what saved him. He missed the tires completely. I say, try to roll over. Either way is going to be ugly, but I wouldn't risk having a body wedged under. Best to let the rebound effect happen.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Alvie
Slow down as much as possible. I got that. Try and avoid, got that. All that said and done...when someone is sliding under your vehicle and it is still moving do you continue to brake hard at the moment of impact or let off?
What you're asking is do you drag him a 150 feet or 50 feet. Seems to me the answer is pretty obvious.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like my theory on kamikaze squirrels. Aim for the center and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Think quick!!! What would you do???