Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thinking about buying this JK...Need some opinions

Old 06-15-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Build date is may 2012, so should it be in the clear? Anyone know?

Last edited by Mikmac09; 06-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Is hard to tell from that video if its the normal injector noise or the bad ticking noise. BTW Is not as easy as to just take it the dealer and have the heads replaced, DEPENDING on the dealer you may just lucky the first time and they'll replace the head, but generally they'll give you the runaround a couple of times until they decide that the heads need to be replaced. Waste of time in my opinion. Ive got a 2012 had the bad heads it took nearly 8 months of running back and forth until finally they gave me a complete new engine. Now 1 year later the Jeep died and back at the dealership (the computer fried). Go with a newer model.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I definitely wouldnt count out a new one.. just because the sticker says 30k on a sahara doesnt mean thats what you pay.. if you are getting a loan your new car interest rate will be a lot less than used unless your credit is thrashed.. (below 600 FICO).. its easier to talk a new vehicle down than a used.. the dealers often need to make numbers to keep factory incentives and such..

play the numbers.. you can also have one located and brought from another dealer..

I know what you mean about 4 dr's.. I had a REAL tough time finding my 13 in a 2 door loaded sport wit ha stick and only soft top..

-Christopher
Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't the warranty on the engines get voided after the original owner sells it? I know I know stupid question

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

No. The factory warranty transfers to the new owner. Only when they were doing the lifetime warranty did it stop when the original owner sold it. But the regular bumper to bumper and power train warranty transfer.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara501
No. The factory warranty transfers to the new owner. Only when they were doing the lifetime warranty did it stop when the original owner sold it. But the regular bumper to bumper and power train warranty transfer.
The warranty started the day the first owner purchased it. You can take the VIN to your local dealer's service department and they can tell you exactly when the warranty will expire.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikmac09
I am looking at possibly buying this 2012 JK. 17k miles, one owner, super clean, never offloaded or abused. The only thing that has me unsure now is the 2012 head issue. I found out about it after researching any 2012 issues. I test drove the Jeep and it runs great, however I think it actually might have a very faint tap to it. (or maybe its just me being paranoid). I really like the Jeep and its my favorite color. It has everything I am looking for except for the wheels. I plan to change them anyway. Other people I've talked to said if I like the Jeep to go for it and don't worry about the motor. The warranty will cover the head if/when it throws a code. Would you buy a 2012 model with the known head issue? Thanks

2012 Jeep Wrangler for sale in Altoona - 1C4AJWAG3CL260055 - Dean Patterson Chevrolet Cadillac
Correct me if I'm wrong but that link isn't to a JK. Are we talking about a JK or Liberty?

Last edited by CombatDiver; 06-18-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Chrysler recently announced their extending the warranty on 3.6 Penstar V6 motors to 10yr's/ 150,000 miles

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying this JK...Need some opinions