Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

thinking about a rubi unlimited--need advice

Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking about a rubi unlimited--need advice

need advice jeep friends---

i LOVE my 2 door steel blue X, but i keep going back and forth about an unlimited(car seat room, etc).

i was at jeep dealership for the wife today and saw the same guy who sold us our liberty. he tshowed me a 2010 rubi unlimited. red rock pearl. both hard & soft. GPS/auto/remote starter.
he said it was a custom order, then the guy realiezed he could'nt pay for it, so they're trying to dump it. it's got about 65 miles on it.

sticker said 37,000, but he said he can do much better..what's the going cost for a rubi unlimited?

how good of a deal can i get?
thanks
steve
Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anything over 30k is way too much for any JK imo.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can the treadlightly site that I hear about on here help you with the best price on this purchase? Ive never used it but see lots of happy posters on here that have.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stevedolce

i LOVE my 2 door steel blue X, but i keep going back and forth about an unlimited(car seat room, etc).

i was at jeep dealership for the wife today and saw the same guy who sold us our liberty. he tshowed me a 2010 rubi unlimited. red rock pearl. both hard & soft. GPS/auto/remote starter.
he said it was a custom order, then the guy realiezed he could'nt pay for it, so they're trying to dump it. it's got about 65 miles on it.

sticker said 37,000, but he said he can do much better..what's the going cost for a rubi unlimited?

thanks
steve
I would guess u can get that down to around 33, since its not black or white, and its auto instead of manual, and its a 2010...but taht would be a steal I would say if you could swing it for 33 with all those upgrades and it being a rubicon
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

32 or 33 is my price target--the other question is how much for a trade in? do i get more if i trade it with my mods? or put the stock parts back on? springs, shocks, armor, etc---
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

your trade is going to go based on the current auction prices of your vehicle, what could they buy your vehicle for at an auction right now, go to kbb and be honest with the condition of your vehicle, then assume to either add orsubtract 2-3k from that value, like my father and i traded in our vehicles for wranglers 1 month apart, his was a 2002 tacoma pickup with almost 200k miles and an engine issue, they gave him 9 k it was worth 6 on kbb, i traded a month later an 05 acura tsx with 72k miles perfect condition still looked showroom quality kbb said 13k, the offered me 9500 on a trade...i waited for a pricate sale and got 12.5k
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR
can the treadlightly site that I hear about on here help you with the best price on this purchase? Ive never used it but see lots of happy posters on here that have.
Just looked that up. So you pay $25 to join Tread Lightly and one of the benefits is that you can buy Chrysler vehicles for 1% under invoice?! Nice!

Looking at Edmunds, MSRP for that build would be $37,210. Invoice would be $34,861.

Like jknit mentioned, it is a 2010, I'd think you could be able to work that angle for more of a discount.

Last edited by aristobrat; 10-01-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

With the options listed, I'd say around $33K + tax, lic, ect... I think there is a $500 rebate ?

They're gonna get you on your trade, I 'd sell it private party if possible. Your aftermarket add-ons don't mean much to them. In fact, they'd prefer it to be stock.

good luck.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stevedolce

thanks
steve
I got a similar one like you state and i got it for a lot ALOT cheaper than that brand new with 1 mile on it........tell him to take that price tag and shove it!

Greetings from Germantown, MD as well!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I payed a hair over 30k for A 2010 Rubi Unlimited, but I did not get the soft top. Everything else you mentioned is the same. I went through USAA's car buying service.

Quick Reply: thinking about a rubi unlimited--need advice