Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thoughts on RotoPax?

Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on RotoPax?

what do people think about rotopax stuff?

i'm still looking for storage solution with my of-fab tire carrier. i bought the jerr can version, but i feel like a bit of a poser using cans in maryland.

rotopax has a rectangular mounting plate that looks like it would fit the tire carrier(i'd bolt it to the carrier using the bolt holes for the cans.) They make a gray storage container that opens to hold straps & stuff..

anyone have good experience with roto pax stuff? i'm open to other creative ideas..

steve
Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not enough info on this product at this time.

I posted the same question 4-6 weeks ago and only 3-replies. Apparently this is too new of a product. They have limited to no distributors and no one seems to carry the product, but can order it. I too would like to see, touch and feel the product and see how the secure locking system works. Now I understand that they can not be sold in the state of CA. due to a specific regulation. When I read that info, I was LOSt.... I actually call Outlaw 4x4 pictured in the companies photo's and they are in CA, however they were useless and somehow sell them, but have nothing to show. Great shop, I will make sure to put them on top of shops NOT to visit.

If you find out anything, let me know.

Good Luck
Steve

In
Originally Posted by stevedolce
what do people think about rotopax stuff?

i'm still looking for storage solution with my of-fab tire carrier. i bought the jerr can version, but i feel like a bit of a poser using cans in maryland.

rotopax has a rectangular mounting plate that looks like it would fit the tire carrier(i'd bolt it to the carrier using the bolt holes for the cans.) They make a gray storage container that opens to hold straps & stuff..

anyone have good experience with roto pax stuff? i'm open to other creative ideas..

steve
Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 PM
JK Junkie

The rotopax setups are awesome and I am in CALI - let me know if you need any more info:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5526.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	113597
Old 12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between

According to the website, these are the closest dealers.
Hope this helps.

Motohelp
Canoga Park, CA 91303

ht tp://www.motohelp.com

ICON 4x4
Van Nuys, CA 91411

ht tp://www.icon4x4.com

Side X Side Customs
Burbank, CA 91501

ht tp://www.SXSCustoms.Com

Outlaw Offroad
Santa Ana, CA 92705

ht tp://www.outlawoffroad.com

Rebel Offroad
Lake Forrest, CA 92630

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-18-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Please refrain from posting links and contact info to companies who are not Project-JK.com sponsors. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the water/gas setuo for my sportsman 500,and was a great product.Definitely at that time a decent price also.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

From what i understand Dave from Northridge is trying to become an authorized dealer for Rotoplax
Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Alpha expeditions, a sponsor to this site, currently sells them. I have seen 3 or so threads asking about these but no answers. They look good from the pics but would require some fab work to bolt up to any bumper. They do offer a bracket for roof racks. I'd also like to hear some first hand experience with them....anyone, anyone?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

The experience I had with them they used the Kolpin mount.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

I saw them at an off road show. I thought they were very cool. I'm looking at getting a water container.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought they looked cool, but they will not work with my LOD can mounts ... and I do believe they are smaller in capacity. My Wedco cans are 18.9L / 5 gallons in comparison.

I also ran into the limited knowledge/availability issue.

-Dawn

P.S. wow - 400th post! Woohoo!

Last edited by OnBelay; 01-19-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on RotoPax?