Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

the thunder rolls....

Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the thunder rolls....

well here i am in my office in GA... looking out the front window at a wall of black clouds...

as thunder rumbles in the distance, the wind begins to pick up. I rush outside and put my soft top up. Then it hits me... my windows are at home... tucked safely and neatly on the table. Rain is inevitable... so is total soakage as the doplar radar show a large RED storm cell moving my directions. Alas... i am doomed.:sad:

but at least my yard will be less flamable
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Bummer... maybe you could make your way over to a car wash or something covered.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

I did EXACTLY the same thing today. Windows are all at home and the clouds are rolling in. I am leaving right now to beat the storms. Good luck to you.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

pull the drain plug in the back, and take the rear carpet out, and you will be fine.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Default Got lucky...

Almost the same scenario. Went out, storm came in - top down and windows at home. Got very fortunate in that it turned into only a bad dust storm.

That night I ordered the clover patch roll and haven't had those wonderful feelings of dread about the windows since.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: the thunder rolls....