Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is it time for Ford to Rescue Jeep from Fiat-Chrysler?

Old 05-03-2015, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It cracks me up when people bag on Fords. I will race my Ford pickup against any factory gas engine pickup. I will race any gas vehicle, if you let me choose the course. It's not a rock crawler, but just about any other terrain, it will absolutely dominate.
As for breakdowns, I have a fleet of thirty Fords, and have had exactly 4 that have left anyone stranded in about 2 million miles of driving. They were all diesels. And one of them was a driver that blew up a Dana 80 in a one ton truck. They are not treated gently.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford stills sells more trucks than anybody. Somebody must like them.....
Old 05-03-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Az scooter
It cracks me up when people bag on Fords. I will race my Ford pickup against any factory gas engine pickup. I will race any gas vehicle, if you let me choose the course. It's not a rock crawler, but just about any other terrain, it will absolutely dominate.
As for breakdowns, I have a fleet of thirty Fords, and have had exactly 4 that have left anyone stranded in about 2 million miles of driving. They were all diesels. And one of them was a driver that blew up a Dana 80 in a one ton truck. They are not treated gently.
It's just all in fun...don't take it seriously. It's the typical Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge. Been going on my whole life.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
Ford, Chevy, Toyota I don't care. Just let it be a company that gives a shit and a half about their customers! Chrysler couldn't care less about their customers! Jeep will always be a Jeep no matter who's lot it's bought on! IMHO.
Agree with this 100% For the lucky sob that don't have a problem with they don't have to deal with Chrysler and there bs. As for me love my Jeep but this is the last Chrysler product I get. I'm not one of the lucky sob lol
Old 05-03-2015, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't stand Ford engine management systems and never have. 'nuff said
Old 05-03-2015, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Az scooter
Company I just worked for had a few hundred in their fleet (oil company) anywhere from diesel to gas. They are now replacing all of them with dodges. There might be about 20% of them that haven't been majorly worked on.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny

Company I just worked for had a few hundred in their fleet (oil company) anywhere from diesel to gas. They are now replacing all of them with dodges. There might be about 20% of them that haven't been majorly worked on.
I wouldn't do that. My dad's work did the same thing. Went from ford to dodge. They broke all the time. Front end and suspension / trans problems. Switched to chevy and even more problems. They are now back to ford
Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

I wouldn't do that. My dad's work did the same thing. Went from ford to dodge. They broke all the time. Front end and suspension / trans problems. Switched to chevy and even more problems. They are now back to ford
Oh I no longer work there so I could care less what they do. Lol.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Yea I'm not sure I want anything ford related. The whole found on road dead thing to me just doesn't scream Yippy. Lol.
Yeah... But Fix Or Repair Daily seems to fit in as well.

Last edited by parnecr; 05-04-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by parnecr
Yeah... But Fix Or Repair Daily seems to fit in as well.
That is curious, because that hasn't been my experience. I have a bunch of Fords, and they have been exceptionally reliable, especially since they idle all day and carry a 525 gallon water tank.

Quick Reply: Is it time for Ford to Rescue Jeep from Fiat-Chrysler?