Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Time for someting new ,JK at the top of my list but im a jeep noob

Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go used go with a Rubi...already built up a bit and bit more "rare" so it may hold its value more than others. Why an unlimited? A two door is fun (and cheaper) plus you never ride in the back if it's yours Oh yea definitely a 6 spd.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that if you want the unlimited I would HIGHLY recommend a 6-speed if you are coming from a car. Mostly because at the wheels the 6-speed gives an extra 20 horsepower (170 vs. 150 horsepower at the rear wheels) which will help the acceleration stay closer to what you are used to with the Scion. Also it will help with your fuel economy so that you don't go from getting 30 on the highway to sub 20 mpg on the highway. With the 6-speed and 3.21 gears in my 4-door I am happy with my acceleration (it isn't going to set any speed records but definitely isn't a slouch either) and I get ~17 mpg city, 22 mpg on the highway with the AC on and can push 25 mpg on the highway without the AC on.

Edit: I forgot to mention, my JKU cost me a shade over 24K out the door of the dealer two years ago in August (so same time period). I managed to get a 6-speed with power windows, power locks, a hard top, limited slip rear differential, fog lights, and that's about it as far as options go (~$2000 in options to a completely base 4-door JK). So my guess is that to get a sub 25K Wrangler your options will be essentially to get a completely stripped soft top automatic or you could add a few extra options to a 6-speed.

Last edited by tpm152; 07-26-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Time for someting new ,JK at the top of my list but im a jeep noob