Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tire carrier?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire carrier?

has anyone taken theirs off? like having a completely smooth back gate?? or just without it? pics please. or just some wisdom. thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's mine without the tire carrier I took mine off when I was running the stock tires as a spare. there wasn't much use to run it. I've since put it back on with the addition of the new tires.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

wait why did u take it off??
perfect picture...mine looks just like urs..
is it clean looking with it off?? mine just looks like a mall crawler with the stock steelie on the back?
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
wait why did u take it off??
perfect picture...mine looks just like urs..
is it clean looking with it off?? mine just looks like a mall crawler with the stock steelie on the back?
That's why i took it off because of the stock steelie looked like shit with the 33's on there. I didn't think it looked to bad with it off and plus there was a ton of visibility with out it on there (I don't have the back seat anymore). I put it back on like I said since I got the new tires and wheels
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

was it difficult to get off?? do u have any other pictures than the one u posted?? does water or mud get down in the gate or anything?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
was it difficult to get off?? do u have any other pictures than the one u posted?? does water or mud get down in the gate or anything?

No I don't have anymore pics I didn't have it off for very long. It's only 8 bolts and you have to take the back cover off to unplug the wiring harness. All in all it took maybe 20 mins. I just put the bolts I took out back in the hole and tucked the wiring back into the tailgate.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

did it look better of with the steelies??? i hate that back tire!!!! ..atleast the stock one
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

I think it looks bad ass now but let me know.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

agreed...very badass..
im just debating on taking the tire carrier off now...i still have the stock 32s..waiting til the run out..not sure what im going to get as a replacement, i dont want to have to regear or anything.

i dont wanna take it off and then..then realize it looks better on or mess up the third light or something..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I doubt you'll mess up the third brake light on the back of the carrier (i'll say the jeep side) there's 4 screws that hold in the back panel take them out and it's a just a plug in like on the doors. Like i said it's only about 20 mins worth of work if that. Take it off if you don't like it throw it back on.

Quick Reply: tire carrier?