Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TJ VS. JK Happy with results so far.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJ VS. JK Happy with results so far.

Well I just got back from visiting my parents in Gunnison, Co. I couldn't really get out and run like I wanted to because of the snow, so it's a test on very average and low elevation trails for the area. I had a 98 TJ with 30/9.5 BFG AT, 3.07 gears, open diffs., 1-3/4 BB lift and winch when I lived out there 3 years ago that I traded in on my new JK (both 2 door non-rubicon). I'm happy to say that the JK in stock form is as good if not better in every aspect as my 98. The traction control sucks up a lot of power if it's on but it sure made easy work of stuff I had to be careful of tire placement in the 98. On road handleing in the snow was far superior. Traveling on I-70 throught the mountains was way better also. I'm really expecting that with a few mods in the future I should be able to tackle things this summer I couldn't with my tj. I have to admit I was worried the JK was a little "soft" compared to my tj, but I'm happy to say I was wrong. Granted I wasn't able to get to far with it because of the weather but I hope this helps anyone who is questioning the capabilities of the two. The only mods to the Jk so far have been an Airaid intake and computer chip. I'm waiting on the exhaust and teraflex rocker guards I have on order. I think with a BB lift and some 35's it could be a great runner.

Quick Reply: TJ VS. JK Happy with results so far.