Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Too high?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 9 Jeep dealers (all of them 5-star) in Seattle metro area (within 30 miles): http://www-5.jeep.com/vehsuite/Searc...u&adid=u&rid=u

Most of them (if not all) carry some JK incl. Rubicon Unlimited. It doesn't seem so difficult getting JK that you want here... In fact, I got Rubi Unlimited (exact model/option I wanted) without ordering it!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
What's a "Safari"?
I have a habit of calling/typing Safari instead of Sahara... I don't know why. Corrected.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moun10eer
I have a habit of calling/typing Safari instead of Sahara... I don't know why. Corrected.
Safari huh!,..that's kinda growing on me, but watch out, the LR group will be Pi$$ed
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Default Not to get too out there but...

The question of "Too high" has many implications/consequences.

For example, is it too high because you are not (nor would most of us be) happy with the price the dealer is asking or that he didn't accept an offer of some amount over invoice (if a good faith offer was tendered)?

I ask because while I would not have paid MSRP (in fact I paid a bit less for my Rubi than what he is asking (before going overboard with toys once I got it)), some people have paid MSRP and are perfectly happy with it.

We all know that while there are quite a few Saharas and Xs - overall there are now a limited number of 07s - especially Rubis - but the 08s are right around the corner. It's a matter of desire, timing and patience.

The sense of "too high" is merely a state of mind (or depth of pocket). Like Clackey said - it's only money.

Does it matter if that specific vehicle is gone tomorrow because someone bought it just because they heard it would be neat and none of their friends had it - leaving you without? Perhaps "too high" is more a state of rationality.

Or is it more that you'd really like to get your hands on one but don't want to screw around with this particular dealer?

Although lots of JKs are being sold in certain parts of the country - and some at absurdly ridiculous premium prices - get creative and find one at the price you feel comfortable with.

You'll rarely ever regret that.

Too high ?? After the running around I did today and the enjoyment I had driving this beast - I probably would have paid more now that I know the enjoyment it can bring. Good thing I didn't have to as the wife already has me on a leash these days but man is this thing a blast. The honeymoon period is supposed to be over but every day seems to get better!

There was a great great saying in the movie "The Gumball Rally" - ..."what's behind me is not important..." that has a lot of truth for life. Don't look back and don't dwell on the past, you can't change it anyway. Research the best you can - this forum will do you good even if some of us go off on tangents every now and then. Buy what you can and enjoy!

Otherwise - 31.8 for a Sahara seems just way too frickin' high!!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my rubi was 28 and change before my discounts....no taxes or anything though..

Quick Reply: Too high?