Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

toyota fj

Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had checked out the FJs as well and was leaning towards getting one mainly for "Toyota quality". But then started reading reports that their "quality " was not what it had been. To be honest I felt I was taking a gamble with Chrysler but It's been almost two years and I have only had one minor issue. Looking back I would be kicking myself if I gone with the FJ.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I owned an FJ, I also joined the FJ forum. Although I wasn't tracking statistics, I think the number of nuisance complaints for a first model year vehicle was less than I see here which may or may NOT an indicator of the so-called Toyota Quality.

However, there are some significant difference such as the volume of JK vs FJs sold and the percentage of FJs that get their tires dirty compared to JKs.

I didn't have any problems with the FJ per se other than a paint job that chipped when the wind blew, but then again, I've had zero defects with my JK and a better paint job.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Diaz
I read on the internet that toyota was going to discontinue the fj. The reason they gave is that it did not compete against the jeep jk. Show you which car is better.
They're popular here. I never really noticed them until I got the Jeep but now I see them everywhere. The non-removable, white bubble roof bugs me.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kastiron
I looked at the FJ before I got my JK too. What sold me is when I told the salesman I was comparing the Fj to the JK, he said "well, the jeep does have a CULT like following... Do you want to be one of THOSE guys?"

Cult? Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the best groups of people I've been a part of.

I'd ask him what FJ meant? FAKE JEEP!?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda

I'd ask him what FJ meant? FAKE JEEP!?
Fuckin junk
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by George Diaz
I read on the internet that toyota was going to discontinue the fj. The reason they gave is that it did not compete against the jeep jk. Show you which car is better.
dude, the Jeep is NOT a car and it is not a truck.

get it right " Yea dude, it's a JEEP"

the cult thing, damn right i wanna be part of it. i have met some awsome people and gotten more assistance from fellow jeepers than anyone else
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if this speaks about me and my choice of friends, or people in general, but the people I've met that own wranglers, or have owned them, are some of the nicest, upstanding people I've met. This last summer, people would stop me after parking to talk about their jeep that they have owned, or own, I even had a cop that let me off a ticket because he used to have one, we ended meeting up later for beer. Seriously, even fraternities have nothing on the "jeep thing".

Quick Reply: toyota fj