Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Track Bar Brackets / Just Do It

Old 06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track Bar Brackets / Just Do It

Ok All,

My stock front track bar bracket broke right off my axle tube, lucky for me iy was on a light trail ride when I was only doing about 10mph. Below is the story Iposted over on the East Coast section.

If you are running 35" or larger tires I would say this is a must do Mod....

OK guy's time for the Telling (story)

First before I forget I would like to thank Jake from the NJJA and Jim O from OK4wd for their help, also thanks to one of Jim's customers who was one the Historic ride and lent me his straps.....

We had just made our First stop on the Historic ride at the Bridge. As we pulled out I heard a clunk. At first I thought it was a broken shock bolt (I have broken two so far) anyway as we got down the trail it got a little weird.

My stearing got very loose and had alot of wobble in the front-end. So as we hit a flat sandy part of the trail I ask the trail guide to stop so I could make a check of the front suspension.

Both my sway bar disco's were off (I had'nt taken them off at the runs beginning) and I noticed that one of the welds were broke on the track bar bracket.

We only had a short way to go untill we hit a good parking area so I tryed to baby it to their.

After closer inspection I found that all the welds were broken except one on the track bar bracket. So we used some strapes to tie everything up and headed off to find a welder. At 10mph, and some wide ass turns. By the way broke the last weld on the bracket when I hit a small bump on the road....

We found a shop that was open on rt30 and they let us use their welder. Jim from OK4wd did the weding and it was good enough to get me home. A two hour ride from the pines.

So today was the permanent fix. Added a front JKS track bar bracket and BDS adjustable track bar. Also added a rear JKS track bar bracket. (this was'nt going to happen again) Then a front end alignment and a new set of BDS sway bar disco's (broke the shit out of the old ones)

Moral of the telling (story) Always, Always wheel with friends and never alone. Thanks Guys.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Junkie

my front track bar bracket broke also.. so i got the front and back jks reinforcing brackets and welded them on.. i wont have any more problems with the track bar brackets.. the jks brackets are very strong and solid .. i highly recommend them
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to give people an idea of how big and beefy the jks brace is here is a pic of the rear one
Old 06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
just to give people an idea of how big and beefy the jks brace is here is a pic of the rear one
Where is your front bracket ?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boots
Where is your front bracket ?
that was my last dollar, so I couldnt take a pic of the front one

Actually I got the rock krawler axle truss I am going to have welded on like the cute 44 build the guy did and then have the shop that does it make a custom reinforcement

here are my parts
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Would like to see photo's when you get it done.....

Quick Reply: Track Bar Brackets / Just Do It