Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trade outlet in Gainsville, VA - anyone deal with them?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade outlet in Gainsville, VA - anyone deal with them?

I've been trying to work a trade locally for a new 2dr Rubicon, but cannot seem to get a decent trade for my '08 Ram.

Anyway, I found this place in VA and talked to them. They seemed interested and very willing to work a deal. They have a bunch of stock and lifted 2dr and 4dr JKs.

http://www.dealerstrade.com/view-inventory.aspx

I will be heading to Bristow, VA to stay with family for Thanksgiving (4 days) and plan to check the place out and see what they can do.

Anyone here ever deal with them? I'm looking for overall experience... as well as info about their quality - apparently they have an inhouse guys who does all of their lifts.

Any info would be helpful...

thanks.

Last edited by Robar; 11-12-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't dealt with them, but one of the local clubs did bring them on as a sponsor and I'd be surprised if they did that if they were shady. Apparently they're a side business of County Chevrolet. As with buying any previously modded vehicle, do some homework on the quality of the parts and the completeness of the build before you make a purchase.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool, thanks man. They seem to use top name brands... I'll have to take a good look when I get there.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Wow those are nice looking jeeps and decent prices. I need to find a place like that around DFW TX. I live near Collins Brothers Jeep but they are pretty expensive.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Make sure they are using full kits from the brands they are stating they use. There are many places in the phonix area that "specialize" in lifted trucks and Jeeps and order one component, say the springs, from a name brand and the rest are cheap knockoffs from China. They are fine for daily driving, but have a tendency to break on the trails.

If you have any doubt, contact the lift manufacturer and ask for ways to tell if it's theirs or not.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Make sure they are using full kits from the brands they are stating they use. There are many places in the phonix area that "specialize" in lifted trucks and Jeeps and order one component, say the springs, from a name brand and the rest are cheap knockoffs from China. They are fine for daily driving, but have a tendency to break on the trails.

If you have any doubt, contact the lift manufacturer and ask for ways to tell if it's theirs or not.
I'll have to check closely... I never even thought about that. I'll make a couple of calls before I head there. Thanks for the killer advice.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

OK, they guys who do all the work for this place are American Spray Liners in Warrenton, just a few miles south of them.

www americansprayliners.com

They also do all the work on the trucks at

www warrentonselect.com

from what I have seen and had done by them for my old suburban, they do good and reliable work. I am sure you can call them directly if you have any specific questions about a Jeep they built for the Trade Outlet.

BTW: Trade Outlet has a really nice Red Rock unlimited on their lot right now, but them, I am biased.

Quick Reply: Trade outlet in Gainsville, VA - anyone deal with them?