Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trailer and Spidertrax spacers

Old 01-10-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer and Spidertrax spacers

Hello All

Have a real newbie question:

Bought a trailer sometime ago. Would like to put Jeep wheels on it to make it match. I got ahold of a wheel from a Wrangler X (16in slot spoke styled steel wheel), bolt pattern matched (5x5) but the back side of the tire was hitting the inside of the trailer fender well, cause of the offset.

Question: would a set of SpiderTrax spacers work just as well on a trailer axle as it would on a Jeep axle ?? The trailer axle is 3500#. Any help you could provide would be appreicated.

So far, I've gotten a lot of great information from you guy's.

Thank you
Old 01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as long as the lug pattern matches
Old 01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may not be able to offer advice so much as raise a question. You may be able to get everything to bolt up fine, however IMO there would "seem" to be an issue with weight distribution at that point on the axle. Granted the point I bring up could be completely unfounded, but it's something to think about nonetheless. Regardless, I might suggest checking with a local trailer dealer to see what they have to say.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by kkuntz01
I may not be able to offer advice so much as raise a question. You may be able to get everything to bolt up fine, however IMO there would "seem" to be an issue with weight distribution at that point on the axle. Granted the point I bring up could be completely unfounded, but it's something to think about nonetheless. Regardless, I might suggest checking with a local trailer dealer to see what they have to say.
i was thinking the same thing, plus whats the weight rating on the rims? You'll need trailer tires too.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I tend to agree with “kkunt01 and PiginaJeep”. But, I see a lot of guy’s putting the same wheels they have on their Jeep’s on their Tentrax trailers or other off-road trailer.

Mine is only a small 5x10 with a single 3500lb axle, used mainly for quick trips to the HomeDepot or Lowe’s. But, I agree you don’t want to have the tires sticking out so far that it becomes a leverage issue.

I’ve decided to get a set of Cragar 365 Series Black V-5 with a -6 offset and 3.75 backspacing.

Thanks, Guy’s appreciate the advise.

Quick Reply: Trailer and Spidertrax spacers