Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tray for center stack/dash

Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Tray for center stack/dash

I wanted a tray on top of my dash/radio. I made a quick fdm prototype, (see pic) painted with black textured paint, self adhesive pad for noise control and now I think I need a few changes. I updated the 3D data (see pic) with a few changes I want (added a wire slot to run a MP3 player cord or cell phone charger cord) Added Jeep logo, I think maybe a built in CB mic holder on the drivers side would be nice. Maybe have velcro here or there to keep things from flying out when offroading. A lid or cover? Anyone else have any ideas? Any sponsers want to buy my design???

Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the design...i would love to see somthing with a pop up top kinda like some of the toyota and ford trucks have and i think the chevy HHR has one like it in the center that opens up. Great design for an open top bin tho!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Did you see the one that replaces the center dash piece, it has 2 compartments for cell phone / glasses ... or whatever.
Yours looks like it is deeper and can hold more stuff and the mic holder is a nice touch.
Maybe look into making some seperate compartments to keep everything organized.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

i don't like the daystar panel, if thats what you are referring to. Id like to see something that is closed kinda like the trail guide panel but larger like this.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cool!

Dude, I think that's great! almost anything beats the completely useless oem center panel. But I think that looks good and is more functional than daystar's. The only thing i would say is, making at least part of the inside flat rather than curved might be better.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

I like this design better than the daystar too, looks deeper (can hold more), I just think adding some dividers would make it easier to find stuff on the go.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

What was so wrong with the red mesh basket that someone else posted?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey, Mudweiser, have you ever been Jeeping with a guy named Skiver?
Buddy of mine from years back. We used to spend our lunches playing in the snow with our Jeeps. (Our best lunch escapade ever was strapping his Jeep to a utility pole and winching a semi out of the ditch.) We've both moved on to different jobs. Last I saw him, he was an engineer at Donnelly, then to another place.

<hijack off>
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Hey, Mudweiser, have you ever been Jeeping with a guy named Skiver?
Buddy of mine from years back. We used to spend our lunches playing in the snow with our Jeeps. (Our best lunch escapade ever was strapping his Jeep to a utility pole and winching a semi out of the ditch.) We've both moved on to different jobs. Last I saw him, he was an engineer at Donnelly, then to another place.

<hijack off>
Worked with him a few years ago at Donnelly (when it was still Donnelly). Never went Jeepin' with him. I think I didn't have my TJ when I worked with him, I think it was later. Good guy.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY NICE JOB WHAT DID YOU MAKE IT OUT OF I ALSO AGREE THAT THE DAYSTAR IS ABOUT USELESS WELL MAYBE IF YOUR A MALLCRUSER IT WOULD WORK AGAIN GREAT JOB

Quick Reply: Tray for center stack/dash