Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trick or Treat Deal

Old 11-01-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Kelly Blue Book doesn't mean crap...to the dealer anyway. It's just a guide for us "regular folks" to get an idea of what stuff is supposedly worth. The dealer doesn't care what KBB says, they care about how much they'll be able to sell the vehicle for. Example, if your trade in has high miles, or is more than a few years old, then they're not even gonna try to sell it. They're gonna call a "wholesale" dealer who basically deals with vehicles that are a few years old, have high miles, or have paint/body work, and the "wholesale" guy will buy your trade in from the dealer and sell it himself. They do use "Black Book", they release new books every few weeks I think and they're nowhere near as detailed as KBB as far as options/accessories...that's part of the reason taht those things do not matter as far as value.

Not saying that this is the case here as I'm sure it's not with a Porsche....but just because KBB says it's worth $XX.xxx doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
All of these are simple guides for the dealer. Ultimately the dealer is buying the trade not KBB.

The good news is that the JK is so hot that if you are trying to upgrade the trade value is really good. My dealer told me that he has had a few customers trade in their 07 for an 08 with the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty and do really well on the trades. Food for thought to all the 07 owners.

Quick Reply: Trick or Treat Deal