Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trouble with Johnny Law????

Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everything about jeeps are leagal in az. doors off (no mirrors) stubby (no bumper) .
Old 02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

No beadlocks yet but I've not had any hassle about the mirrors yet. Or my front lic plate. My stubby didn't come with mounting hardware or even holes to mount my lic plate on the front. And I relocated my rear one to the spare tire and haven't got a light on it yet. I know I'm "breakin' the law, breakin' the law.....", I do intend on getting a light for the rear and a snap on lic plate holder in the front but right now I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by A'sJK
You musta' put a rooster tail on the trooper's freshly cleaned ride!

I was thinkin the same thing. If you didnt you should have!!!!!

GO REBS
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torrin
They are illegal to run on-road in most states.
Don't think there are any restrictions on the Hutchinson Rock Monsters.

http://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/

Last edited by JackMac4; 02-04-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: please do not direct link to non-sponsors
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torrin
They are illegal to run on-road in most states.
Yup, most beadlock wheels are not DOT approved. So, they are technically illegal in all 50 states on road. But, I suspect that not all localities enforce it, or even know about it. I think simulated beadlock wheels are legal, that would be fun to try and take to court.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I would not cite you, or even stop you, for bead locks. Mirrors are another story if you were driving poorly. I would likely just give you a warning unless you really earned the ticket (ie: were a pri*K) I probably would not even stop you, though, if you were driving responsibly. Now, the CHP may have a different view...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive driven around with my doors off a few times, no mirrors, and so far, no problems!!! hopefully i didnt just jynx myself.....haha
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a ticket for too much tire hanging out beyond my fender flares. That was on my CJ-5........in 1978......I've been a law abiding citizen ever since.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like having side view mirrors, helps me see who's next to me if i wanna change lanes ''safely'' .Or maybe being cool is more important. I also ride a motorcycle and like when people are able to see me next to them before they decide to run me over! Use your heads . This isnt all about you ! and whether or not you can get away with it. Get some mirror relocation brackets . Your legal and cool all at the same time
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoorDad
I would not cite you, or even stop you, for bead locks. Mirrors are another story if you were driving poorly. I would likely just give you a warning unless you really earned the ticket (ie: were a pri*K) I probably would not even stop you, though, if you were driving responsibly. Now, the CHP may have a different view...
Good man!!!

Quick Reply: Trouble with Johnny Law????