Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TSA stole my brandnew Procal!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSA stole my brandnew Procal!!!

Sad day for me. I was returning home to the Philippines and was flying out of Hartsfield-Jacksson airport in Atlanta. As soon as I got home, I opened my Samsonite suitcase (with a built-in TSA lock that clamps down on the zippers) only to find out that my brandnew Procal (in box) was missing. The other stuff that i got from Northridge 4x4 such as Trucklite LED headlights and Teraflex spacers were untouched. Only the TSA could have taken it because of the inspection paper that they leave inside bags whenever they open them.

In all my annual travels to the USA, this is a first. Anyone one knows how I can file a complaint? Any chance I can get a relmbursement from TSA? *sigh*
Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Absolutely file a complaint! I doubt anything will happen... but you have nothing to lose by complaining. Google TSA complaint... the first couple of links look pretty promising.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Good luck man. My step dad used to work at the airport as an electrician and he said he saw a lot of the TSA agents going through bags and sometimes even taking whole luggages. I try not to fly with anything valuable. I'd rather ship it with insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

File a complaint. Thy have a link on their website. Those douvchebags take my carabiners all the time. I fly about 300k miles a year. They often step over the line and have a power trip which is less than warranted. I wouldn't let it go. If you can check a bag with a pistol, no reason for them to confiscate the procal.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hundreds of tsa agents have been busted stealing from passengers. Sad but true reality. Don't just file a complaint with tsa. Contact the police department that oversees the airport. The tsa continues to cover this stuff up.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

TSA is not the last people to touch the bags it goes tru several other people and those locks are very easy to open without a key. It's harder for a TSA guy to steal something with cameras always on them but easy for the guy loading the bags..

Not saying TSA has not or will not steal but those people do get caught unlike the others because of the cameras.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Under_Pressure
TSA is not the last people to touch the bags it goes tru several other people and those locks are very easy to open without a key. It's harder for a TSA guy to steal something with cameras always on them but easy for the guy loading the bags..

Not saying TSA has not or will not steal but those people do get caught unlike the others because of the cameras.
Thanks on the insight. However, i believe its more likely that the TSA would be the culprit since they were the ones who had easy access to bag. They knew what was inside beforehand when it passed through xray. Once my bag got opened, the temptation was too hard to resist. Baghandlers, i doubt it. They would not just have randomly pick up my bag since they would have no idea as to the contents in the first place.

I think its a futile attempt to report it anymore since I'm back in the Philippines already.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Under_Pressure

Ill be honest I don't know what people are TSA and which are not. I just always thought they all were
Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wiretap_MD
I think its a futile attempt to report it anymore since I'm back in the Philippines already.
It might be futile, but you still have absolutely nothing to lose by complaining.

Quick Reply: TSA stole my brandnew Procal!!!