JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Two or Four Doors. Which is better? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/two-four-doors-better-335833/)

RiveraJK10 07-30-2016 11:26 AM

Two or Four Doors. Which is better?

Personally like the look of the two door better. I have dabbled about getting a four door for my wife in the future though. Thoughts?

shabbernigdo 07-30-2016 12:29 PM

Lulz. this should be good. gonna go grab some popcorn.

rob_engineer 07-30-2016 01:04 PM

Two door sucks and jeep should stop making them.

robsjeep9 07-30-2016 01:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RiveraJK10 (Post 4235415)
Personally like the look of the two door better. I have dabbled about getting a four door for my wife in the future though. Thoughts?

for what use? Groceries? Wheeling? ..... I have a 4 door and it's my weekend warrior and daily driver as well.... 2 doors can look great with just a small lift and 35's.... But the 4 doors these days all modded up look just as good in my opinion. They both have their advantages and disadvantages out on the playground I know cause the guy I mainly wheel with has a 2 door...... Might be selling my loaded up 4 door in the USA (I'm in Canada) just to build another one up .... And it's deff going to be a 4 door again .... I've been playing with the idea of a 2 door but shopping around this past week - no thanks there's just no F'n room in the 2 door .....

jedg 07-30-2016 01:58 PM

The YJ is better ( oldest son drives our old '94 )... but then again, maybe the TJ is better ( middle son drives our old '97 ).. well, maybe the JKU is best ( I drive an '11 )... no, wait.. the JK (wife drives a '16)...

Really.. the jeep that's best is the one that you like to drive and puts a smile on your face every time you get in it.. well, okay.. maybe not when it breaks down (though secretly, I like to wrench on them as much as drive them)... so it's all good.

:thumbsup:

catahoula 07-30-2016 02:15 PM

The iconic 2 door of course. When I want a lifted station wagon I might get a 4 door. I also find it hilarious when some one gets a 4 door they haul their spare inside.:thinking:

Jonathan_JK 07-30-2016 06:13 PM

2Door has its break over angle advantages. While 4 door has its hill climb advantages. It's a wash in my opinion. This is for off roading applications. Which few Jeepers have dedicated rigs. 2013 lots of mods only 16k on mine it's a dedicated trail rig, weekend pleasure craft and garage queen. I say get a 4 door it's more practical for a DD.

kevinlee 07-30-2016 06:36 PM

I have a two door. So two doors are better. Then again if I had a four door four doors would be better. I guess they are both great. With kids I'd say the four door would be a better choice though. I have 6 kids and my two door gets quite crowded.

Ok I never put all six in at once but if you put four ppl in there isn't much room for anything else.

Cutman 07-30-2016 06:49 PM

2 door for me. I still don't think of the 4 doors as Jeeps. Even though most of them on this forum could eat mine. They just don't look right to me.

akpostal 07-30-2016 07:57 PM

One of the things I hated about the ZJ I spent 10 years in was that it had 4 doors. Had a love hate relationship with my 2 door XJ before the ZJ.

Not gonna say a JK is better then a JKU, but the JK is better for me.