Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Uh-Oh!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by directedby
'alot' is not a word.

'its' should be it's or it is.

hang in there kid - again, if you play in an adult's sandbox, don't cry when you get sand thrown in your eyes.

AWWWW.... damn!

who let the adults in?!?!???
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) you english teachers are off the clock once you've left the campus

2) 'if' the H3 does get a V8 it will only force DC to offer more engine choices sooner, so, I see it as a win-win situation

Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MDPJeep
2) 'if' the H3 does get a V8 it will only force DC to offer more engine choices sooner, so, I see it as a win-win situation
I see what you're saying, but I really don't think that DCX has the same "Jeep versus Hummer" rivalry that us JK owners do... perhaps with the Grand Cherokee against the H3, but certainly not with the Wrangler. They share different mainline demographics among their buyers, whereas a Grand Cherokee buyer may cross-shop an H3 because of their similar feature content, engine offerings, and price point.

As for the Wrangler, it's still in a class of 1 (or 2, if you count the Unlimited apart). So, I don't think that there's this "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality since the archetypal Wrangler owner is NOT cross-shopping H3s...

Honestly, I hope that DCX doesn't come out with a V8 or diesel option for the JK for another 6-7 more years... because I'd be jealous - I admit it!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

i agree with MJS, kind of. i know i didn't cross shop an H3. i have no desire for one whatsoever. but i also bought a 2 door. i could see someone looking at an Unlimited being the person to cross shop an H3.

I hope that there is a Diesel and or V-8 option in closer to about 3-4 years out. I would love to see it be the new BluTec, but from the sound of things its doubtful that it will still be Daimler-Chrysler then. So that brings it to the point that if there is no Mercedes diesel to throw in the Wrangler, then either who ever owns Jeep then will have to have one, or will have to develop one. If they have to develop one, i could see it taking quite a bit longer. I would also love to see a 4.7L V-8 in there. I don't see them dropping the Hemi in a Wrangler, and i think the 4.7L would be a more logical and realistic choice.

anyways, just my $.02
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FRDesign
The H3 for 2008 got a 5.3L V8 with 315 HP!!!!
H3=TURD

315 HP H3=FASTER TURD!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM's answer to the SRT GC. That's all that is.

I won't wheel with one. all that HP? can you imagine how hard it would be to pull them out of the hole that it'll dig itself into? :toung:
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I was actually thinking "spelt" should've been "spelled."
So you did catch it I was planning to edit that, but wanted to see if someone would pick up on it. Good one But my diversion didn't work too well...
Old 03-29-2007, 05:58 AM
JK Jedi

People! C'mon now, lets get this thread back on track and start bashing the kid again. It was much more fun to watch...

Old 03-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
People! C'mon now, lets get this thread back on track and start bashing the kid again. It was much more fun to watch...

*L*

yeah that was fun - poor kid.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
*L*

yeah that was fun - poor kid.
I DO have to question, in all seriousness: What's wrong with a kid loving the JK and visiting the board? I mean, other than him saying that the hinge rust is primer, or otherwise portraying himself as an authority on the JK... Oops, guess I answered my own question.