Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Uncomfortable seats?

Old 12-09-2006, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only problem I've had with the seats is getting the seat belt buckled up. It's in an awkward place. Once it's done up the seats are really comfortable. Like everyone else wouldn't want to sleep in them due to the headrest!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This JK could have "Cement Seats" and I wouldn't even notice,....ymaybe I'm "JK" brain washed, believe me I wouldn't even no it. I had a 48 Willy's & 79 CJ7, so this is a dream to drive.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the seats. My head doesn't even touch the headrest while I am driving. I have had people jump in to check it out and say WOOOW! NIIIICE! I don't think they were expecting that much comfort out of a Wrangler.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, the seats are not as comfortable as the ones in my Commander or in my former H2.... But, they are quite comfortable except for the hard headrest. Why are they like a plastic brick? I am going to look around for softer head rests that might fit.

Also, the YES fabric is pretty nice. I put my two-year old in the back and he is alsways putting his feet on the back of the front seats. I keep checking for dirt and stains the seats backs are still clean. Very surprised since we have to walk through snow and ice to get the Jeep right now.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Default Seats

I drove from Seattle to Spokane and back yesterday-610 miles. I thought the seats were fine- better than my '72 CJ5, '74 CJ5 I used to own & '82 CJ7 I have currently. Sure the headrests are kinda hard but the only time I would use them is in a car wreck. My dad was along on the trip and he's really fussy about cars and being comfortable - he liked the seats because I remember him commenting on them. They're not Hummer seats and not Commander seats they're Wrangler seats. The construction and fabric aim to address the usage and wear down the road.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

I bet the headrest material is driven by the 4 door. The way the seats fold down & rub against the backs of the fronts probably caused the fabric to twist on the headrests. Or maybe they felt the plastic would hold up better against the random things thrown against it when seats are down. Really you only need tough one on the back seats, but then they wouldn't match. Then they end up in the 2 door so they don't have to keep more parts in stock. On the bright side- over the life of the jeep at some time I will have a bird poop on my headrest while the tops down. much easier clean up withthe plastic headrest.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable seats?